Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > trainning

trainning

focode

i want to get expert in swing which best book i should follow

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 20, 9:02 pm, "focode" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i want to get expert in swing which best book i should follow

(See Alex' advice on using '?' Further tips
are - to always have the word 'I' as Upper Case,
as well as the first word of any sentence.)

OK, firstly, it is important to understand
that to learn Swing, you will still need a
good understanding of a lot of the AWT, which
includes most layouts, events, custom painting,
Drag'n'Drop (and much more..).

Books will often mention Swing in the title,
but also cover most of those parts of the AWT.
Check the book does cover (at least) those
parts of the AWT mentioned.

Secondly, there is the very highly recommended
'Java Tutorial' direct from Sun - comprehensive,
and *free*. It can be viewed online, or you
can download it for local browsing.

Third, if you really prefer books (as some
people do) I recommend this site for reviews
of books.
http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html
Pan (TechBookReport) gives enough details so you
can usually decide if a book is good for you.

Lastly, it helps, when asking for help, to
give a 'meaningful subject line' to a post
(a message to the group). For this one,
I might recommend something like 'Books
on Swing', which gives a lot better detail
that 'training'.

HTH

Andrew T.

TechBookReport

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Mar 20, 9:02 pm, "focode" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> i want to get expert in swing which best book i should follow

> (See Alex' advice on using '?' Further tips
> are - to always have the word 'I' as Upper Case,
> as well as the first word of any sentence.)
>
> OK, firstly, it is important to understand
> that to learn Swing, you will still need a
> good understanding of a lot of the AWT, which
> includes most layouts, events, custom painting,
> Drag'n'Drop (and much more..).
>
> Books will often mention Swing in the title,
> but also cover most of those parts of the AWT.
> Check the book does cover (at least) those
> parts of the AWT mentioned.
>
> Secondly, there is the very highly recommended
> 'Java Tutorial' direct from Sun - comprehensive,
> and *free*. It can be viewed online, or you
> can download it for local browsing.
>
> Third, if you really prefer books (as some
> people do) I recommend this site for reviews
> of books.
> http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html
> Pan (TechBookReport) gives enough details so you
> can usually decide if a book is good for you.
>
> Lastly, it helps, when asking for help, to
> give a 'meaningful subject line' to a post
> (a message to the group). For this one,
> I might recommend something like 'Books
> on Swing', which gives a lot better detail
> that 'training'.
>
> HTH
>
> Andrew T.

Thanks for the mention, Andrew. I'd follow up by saying that the Sun
Java tutorial (or other single volume introductory Java book), with
something like Swing Hacks (http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0185.html).
It's written by real experts in the field, and is structured around
concrete examples with sample code for download and review.

Pan

--
TechBookReport Java http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html

Trainning Books for 70-284 Exam =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJFbmdpbmU=?= MCSE 21 02-15-2007 07:16 PM
Free MCSE trainning =?Utf-8?B?RnJpcw==?= MCSE 0 07-12-2005 01:09 PM
MCSE Trainning Ambrose Ebale MCSE 2 02-24-2004 03:01 PM
Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 for MCSE Trainning Help Needed Louis Patterson MCSE 7 01-21-2004 11:15 AM

Advertisments