Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Washing machine vibration

Washing machine vibration

Cub

Hiya

We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.

With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
fine.

There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
bearings seem fine.

The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check

Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?

Regards

Cub

Tab

"Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya
>
> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>
> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
> fine.
>
> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
> bearings seem fine.
>
> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>

> Regards
>

> Cub

Make sure it is standing on a level solid surface.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Tab wrote:
> "Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hiya
>>
>>We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
>>vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>>
>>With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
>>fine.
>>
>>There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
>>bearings seem fine.
>>
>>The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>>
>>Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>>

>>Regards
>>

>>Cub
>>

> Make sure it is standing on a level solid surface.

Just reading between the lines of his post, I think he knows enough to
do that.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Cub wrote:
> Hiya
>
> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>
> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
> fine.
>
> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
> bearings seem fine.
>
> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?

You may get a very good answer here, but there's experienced appliance
repairmen hang out in news:alt.home.repair

Meat Plow

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:

> Hiya
>
> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>
> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
> fine.
>
> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
> bearings seem fine.
>
> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>

> Regards
>

> Cub

Make sure the tub hasn't lost one of its suspension points or devices.

COOSN-266-06-25794

SteveW

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 -0000, "Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hiya
>
>We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
>vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>
>With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
>fine.
>
>There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
>bearings seem fine.
>
>The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>
>Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>

>Regards

Did you do a clean reboot ?
--

Steve

Fred

"Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya
>
> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>
> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
> fine.
>
> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
> bearings seem fine.
>
> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?

Could be a broken mounting inside cabinet.

Aardvark

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:

> Hiya
>
> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>
> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
> fine.
>
> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
> bearings seem fine.
>
> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>

> Regards
>

> Cub

Probably the most expensive vibrator you'll ever buy for the wife.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

Cub

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h8ZLh.11315$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:
>
>> Hiya
>>
>> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
>> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>>
>> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer
>> is
>> fine.
>>
>> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
>> bearings seem fine.
>>
>> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Cub

> Probably the most expensive vibrator you'll ever buy for the wife.
>
> --
> Registered Linux User 413057.
> Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
> You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

Come to think, she has been doing a lot of washing of late ...

Jim S

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:53:21 -0000, Cub wrote:

> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h8ZLh.11315$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:
>>
>>> Hiya
>>>
>>> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
>>> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
>>>
>>> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer
>>> is
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
>>> bearings seem fine.
>>>
>>> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>

>>> Cub

I had something similar. It was on of the two 'shock absorbers'. It was so
old I had to buy a new one.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

USB flash drive in washing machine Mark Shaw Computer Support 58 04-10-2008 04:51 PM
Re: USB flash drive in washing machine Kheper-hathor-ka IV Computer Information 32 03-11-2005 04:18 PM
Washing machine Paul Computer Support 5 12-04-2004 11:45 AM
OT: Washing Machine The Flash NZ Computing 5 11-16-2004 06:57 AM
OT: Washing Machine The Flash NZ Computing 1 11-14-2004 10:32 PM

Advertisments