Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What Swing Component do I need?

What Swing Component do I need?

Benjamin

Hi, I'm kinda new to the Swing API. What text component should I use
for a large chunk of unformatted text that I want to display to the
user. JLabel doesn't seem to fit the bill (it's too small and for
labeling components). Thanks

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 20, 1:38 pm, "Benjamin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I'm kinda new to the Swing API. What text component should I use
> for a large chunk of unformatted text that I want to display to the
> user. JLabel doesn't seem to fit the bill (it's too small and for
> labeling components).

JTextArea would best suit that, perhaps
uneditable or disabled if appropriate.

For an example, check the applet here..
<http://www.physci.org/test/resize/>
The drop-down menu on the upper right,
shows the various forms of the text area.

Andrew T.

Thomas Fritsch

Benjamin wrote:
> Hi, I'm kinda new to the Swing API. What text component should I use
> for a large chunk of unformatted text that I want to display to the
> user. JLabel doesn't seem to fit the bill (it's too small and for
> labeling components). Thanks

See in
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/text.html>

--