Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > My Certification Level

My Certification Level

Mart

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me with the following.

I obtained an NT 4.0 MCSE in 2000 (exams 073, 067, 068,
059, 058, 087) and completed the core Windows 2000 upgrade
exam (70-240) before the cut off date of 31 Dec 2001. From
what I understood at the time this meant that I would only
be a Windows 2000 MCP since I did not do a win2k elective
and my NT MCSE would have expired.

As we all know Microsft decided in the end that the NT
certification would not expire, so obviously I am still an
NT4 MCSE. But does that also make me a Win2k MCSE? If
not, what is the easyest route for me to upgrade to Windows
2000 (or 2003) status?

Thanks for reading,
Mart

Tom Helms [MSFT]

Have a look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

newsgroup purposes only."

"Mart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dde301c3effd$a452a5b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I hope someone will be able to help me with the following.
>
> I obtained an NT 4.0 MCSE in 2000 (exams 073, 067, 068,
> 059, 058, 087) and completed the core Windows 2000 upgrade
> exam (70-240) before the cut off date of 31 Dec 2001. From
> what I understood at the time this meant that I would only
> be a Windows 2000 MCP since I did not do a win2k elective
> and my NT MCSE would have expired.
>
> As we all know Microsft decided in the end that the NT
> certification would not expire, so obviously I am still an
> NT4 MCSE. But does that also make me a Win2k MCSE? If
> not, what is the easyest route for me to upgrade to Windows
> 2000 (or 2003) status?
>
> Thanks for reading,
> Mart

Mart

Thankyou, from that information it seems that I would only
need to take one design exam to become a win2k MCSE. Then
I would need to take the two exams 70-210 & 70-270 if I
wanted to become an MCSE on 2003. There does not appear to
be a direct upgrade route to 2003 for someone in my position.

Thanks
Mart

confers no rights.
>"Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This

alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only."
>

>"Mart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:dde301c3effd$a452a5b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope someone will be able to help me with the following.
>>
>> I obtained an NT 4.0 MCSE in 2000 (exams 073, 067, 068,
>> 059, 058, 087) and completed the core Windows 2000 upgrade
>> exam (70-240) before the cut off date of 31 Dec 2001. From
>> what I understood at the time this meant that I would only
>> be a Windows 2000 MCP since I did not do a win2k elective
>> and my NT MCSE would have expired.
>>
>> As we all know Microsft decided in the end that the NT
>> certification would not expire, so obviously I am still an
>> NT4 MCSE. But does that also make me a Win2k MCSE? If
>> not, what is the easyest route for me to upgrade to Windows
>> 2000 (or 2003) status?
>>
>> Thanks for reading,
>> Mart

>.

anon

it's all a bit fuzzier now that time has passed, but I
seem to recollect that if you were an MCSE NT4.0 and you
passed 240, you were upgraded to MCSE W2K. Regardless of
any other exams. Sounds to me like you're mcse2k right
now.

Tom Helms [MSFT]

To upgrade from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003, check here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...03/upgrade.asp

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

newsgroup purposes only."

"Mart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d8c001c3f004$9e8aae50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thankyou, from that information it seems that I would only
> need to take one design exam to become a win2k MCSE. Then
> I would need to take the two exams 70-210 & 70-270 if I
> wanted to become an MCSE on 2003. There does not appear to
> be a direct upgrade route to 2003 for someone in my position.
>
> Thanks
> Mart

He needs a design exam.

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d5cf01c3f006$16b38680$(E-Mail Removed)...
> it's all a bit fuzzier now that time has passed, but I
> seem to recollect that if you were an MCSE NT4.0 and you
> passed 240, you were upgraded to MCSE W2K. Regardless of
> any other exams. Sounds to me like you're mcse2k right
> now.

e^-i*pi

Right. Congrats on passing that monster 240, but that only covered the core
upgrade.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...