Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SessionState and Window.Location.Href

SessionState and Window.Location.Href

pbd22

Hi.

I have built a site with tabs-based navigation as a pretty major
component. The tabs use window.location.href to understand
where the user is and displays the appropriate tabs accordingly.
I have recently learned about the sessionstate properties of
ASP.NET 2.0 and am trying to user cookieless navigation. This makes a
mess of the current URL and, as a result, window.location.href is
pretty useless as a way to tell the tabs
what to display.

In short, how do I display the correct tabs while using sessionstate
in Web.config?

Thanks.
Peter

bruce barker

parse the url so you only look at the page name.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

pbd22 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have built a site with tabs-based navigation as a pretty major
> component. The tabs use window.location.href to understand
> where the user is and displays the appropriate tabs accordingly.
> I have recently learned about the sessionstate properties of
> ASP.NET 2.0 and am trying to user cookieless navigation. This makes a
> mess of the current URL and, as a result, window.location.href is
> pretty useless as a way to tell the tabs
> what to display.
>
> In short, how do I display the correct tabs while using sessionstate
> in Web.config?
>
> Thanks.
> Peter

pbd22

On Mar 20, 8:36 am, bruce barker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> parse the url so you only look at the page name.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> pbd22 wrote:
> > Hi.

> > I have built a site with tabs-based navigation as a pretty major
> > component. The tabs use window.location.href to understand
> > where the user is and displays the appropriate tabs accordingly.
> > I have recently learned about the sessionstate properties of
> > ASP.NET 2.0 and am trying to user cookieless navigation. This makes a
> > mess of the current URL and, as a result, window.location.href is
> > pretty useless as a way to tell the tabs
> > what to display.

> > In short, how do I display the correct tabs while using sessionstate
> > in Web.config?

> > Thanks.
> > Peter

Ah, yes. Silly me. Thanks.