Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > user-agent's in java

user-agent's in java

yawnmoth

In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
about in Java?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

yawnmoth wrote:
> In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
> about in Java?

Server side Java (JSP/Servlet) or client side Java (applet) ?

Arne

yawnmoth

On Mar 19, 2:27 pm, Arne Vajhøj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> yawnmothwrote:
> > In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
> > about in Java?

> Server side Java (JSP/Servlet) or client side Java (applet) ?

Applet.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

yawnmoth wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2:27 pm, Arne Vajhøj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> yawnmothwrote:
>>> In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
>>> about in Java?

>> Server side Java (JSP/Servlet) or client side Java (applet) ?

> Applet.

I think you need to have your applet call some JavaScript
code to get it.

Arne

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 20, 5:34 am, "yawnmoth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
> about in Java?

'Sure'*. Why? What does this ability
bring to the end user?

* Arne outlined the most direct method, there
are also other ways to determine which browser
an applet is running in, without JS support.

Andrew T.