Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How do I print from my laptop to my main computer's printer

How do I print from my laptop to my main computer's printer

Pavel A.

Daniel Stokes wrote:
> How do I print from my laptop to my main computer's printer - Campli
> 19-Mar-07 12:21:30
>
> Ok, I know you've probably seen this question many times but I seem to have
> something quirky going on. I have a main computer in my home office...not
> networked. It gets to the web via a linksys modem in which my laptop or any
> other wireless computer near the modem can get to the internet. What I'm
> trying to do is to share my main printer so my wireless laptop may print to
> it. I've set up the printer as a shared printer with the name of EPSONSty.
> I've gone to the laptop and tried to locate the printer and it's not showing
> up...I must be missing something here. Please help.

Besides other advices, can you check that your
wireless router is not set to "isolation" mode,
so the clients can see each other over wireless.
Does ping work between the laptop and desktop?

--PA

Linea Recta

"Daniel Stokes" schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I print from my laptop to my main computer's printer - Campli
> 19-Mar-07 12:21:30
>
> Ok, I know you've probably seen this question many times

Yes, in fact this is the third one I've seen...

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk