Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > PNY U3 1GB USB drive problem

PNY U3 1GB USB drive problem

Bill M

I purchased a PNY U3 1 GB USB smart drive which works fine on my Gateway
Laptop with Windows XP but I cannot use it to transfer data from my Laptop
to my desk top. The Windows 98SE desk top does not recognize the PNY U3.

A friend of mine has told me I need to install drivers on Win 98SE to have
it work. I have obtained driver files;

musb6e.inf
pu20disk.pdr
and pu20sysd.sys

but I cannot figure out where or how to install them.

Can anyone help?

Bill M

I really appreciate your instructions and help. I have a floppy with the
musb6.inf file on it and I followed you instrustions to the letter
about four times and always get the reply "Unable to locate the driver on
the 3 1/2 floppy. What could be going wrong?

I can read the disk in the floppy and have saved a small file to the floppy.
Everything seems to work except copying the file.
I feel like I am losing my mind!