Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

Which ATAs pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls

dmitri

I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
(like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
Which one does?

Rob

"dmitri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
> Which one does?

Not strictly an straight forward ATA, but the DrayTek Vigor2800VG (VoIP
router) does.

Rob

Mr Flobby

"dmitri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
> Which one does?

Hey, that happens to me too, very irritating... I have seen reports of CID
working with the Zyxel 2602HWL though, but mine doesn't. I assumed
therefore, that it was more to do with the quality of the relay switching
component in the unit. Tried all sorts, different filters, shorter
cables...

Ian Pawson

dmitri wrote:
> I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
> Which one does?

My linksys sp3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines

Jono

Ian Pawson formulated on Monday :
> dmitri wrote:
>> I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
>> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
>> Which one does?

> My linksys/sipura spa3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines

As does mine.

Brian A

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:44:40 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ian Pawson formulated on Monday :
>> dmitri wrote:
>>> I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
>>> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
>>> Which one does?

>> My linksys/sipura spa3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines

>As does mine.

And mine - on voip anyway - don't have a landline.
When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Jono

Brian A expressed precisely :

> When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.

Erm, surely that's not a good thing.....

Brian A

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:19:56 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brian A expressed precisely :
>
>> When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.

>Erm, surely that's not a good thing.....

Agreed, I do see your point. Just pointing out the range of display
possibilities.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Herman

"dmitri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
> Which one does?

FritzBox apparently does (somebody from Voiptalk tested this for me and
confirmed) but I have never tested it on a BT line.