Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't VPN to work over an MN-700 wireless network.

Can't VPN to work over an MN-700 wireless network.

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFuX0FzdA==?=

My configuration:
- MN-700 g-base station (configured as router/access point)
- Verizon DSL (Dynamic IP) with a Westell DSL-modem
- An XP/SP2 PC with a MN-720 g-wireless card)
- A Win 2000 Pro laptop, ethernet-connected to the base station

My network works fine, except when it comes to VPN to work (Cisco-VPN) from
my ethernet-connected laptop - my work network rejects the connection. My IT
folks tell me it's because their network does not see an IP address in the
incoming connection, and suggest to subscribe to a static IP from Verizon.
(Note that I have no trouble when I VPN from hotels, or if I connect my
laptop directly to my DSL modem).

My question is: Before I go out and pay Verizon for a static IP, is there
something in my MN-700 settings that I can change to solve my problem?

Thanks -Nathan

Chris Gual [MSFT]

Hi Nathan,

You might want to switch your MN-700 from router mode to access point
mode. There is also an update for the firmware for the MN-700's which you
can download from this web page (you want the MSBNDownload.exe):
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/br...DLoadMain.mspx

Thanks,
Chris Gual [MSFT]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...