Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No installation of USB wireless client

No installation of USB wireless client

Ray

I note that some new wireless clients, i.e., Planex GW-US54GZ and Buffalo
WLI-U2-KG54-AI, claim that no installation or driver is required. Is it
really true? Can I configure one on a notebook computer then move it to
another one and it works immediately with the same AP without any
configuration?

Thanks,

Ray

Jack

Hi

I am not familiar with the Planex. The Buffalo is fully compatible with WZC
you do not need drivers but if you are using setting that is not the default
you might need to adjust them the first time on the new computer.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OEoAR#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I note that some new wireless clients, i.e., Planex GW-US54GZ and Buffalo
> WLI-U2-KG54-AI, claim that no installation or driver is required. Is it
> really true? Can I configure one on a notebook computer then move it to
> another one and it works immediately with the same AP without any
> configuration?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Ray

Jack,

What is the default settings on the client itself? How can they enter the
mac address, wep/wap codes, shared/open authentication automatically? In
Windows XP SP2, automatic installation is disable so it may not work on it?
What is WZC?

Thanks,

Ray

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...