Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sorry for the painfully newbie question

Sorry for the painfully newbie question

Chip L

My question has to do with connecting a newer DVD w/ an older TV

My daughter is home f/ college is having a bunch of kids over tonight
before they take off on Spring Break. She wants to watch the DVD
upstairs on a TV I haven't used in a long time.

Between a divorce and my daughter taking off for college, a lot of
equipment in my home has been moved and changed around and I just
don't remember how some to get some of it to work.

Here's what I have

A newer Memorex DVD
An older Phillips Magnovox TV w/ single cable input (generic remote)
Converter unit for DVD ouput (Red-yellow-white to Cable)

I believe I have the connections correct but I DO NOT HAVE THE CORRECT
REMOTE FOR THE TV. I have a remove which lets me turn it on, change
channels etc. but it does not have a VIDEO input option.

My Q: What should the input be set on on the TV to take the converted
output (RYW - Cable ) f/ the DVD to the TV? Nothing seems to work and
the remote does not have a 'video' selector...

Thanks
Chip L

def456

an old-fashioned coaxial RF cable will work

elrous0@pop.uky.edu

On Mar 18, 11:33 am, "Chip L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My Q: What should the input be set on on the TV to take the converted
> output (RYW - Cable ) f/ the DVD to the TV? Nothing seems to work and
> the remote does not have a 'video' selector...

I assume you're talking about an DVD player (with yellow-red-white
outputs) running to an RF modulator/converter (which outputs to
coaxial cable) and into your TV.

If so, you should tune the TV to channel 3 or 4, usually (since most
RF converters output to one of those channels). Some RF converters
even have a switch on the back which lets you choose the channel.

-Eric

remote require (was [Painfully OT] A python question...) Luis Parravicini Ruby 1 04-10-2007 05:10 PM
CiscoWorks painfully slow jw Cisco 4 10-28-2004 07:59 PM
ASP.NET on Server 2003 - Painfully Slow to Process Page? Marc Castrechini ASP .Net 3 07-15-2004 02:21 PM
painfully ignorant but frustrating dan m ASP .Net 3 03-02-2004 06:23 AM
Sorry Sorry Sorry but what camera for me - Real Esate Phil Digital Photography 19 12-28-2003 05:28 PM

Advertisments