Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-290 Exam Duration?

70-290 Exam Duration?

KIWI

Anyone know how long this exam is supposed to be?

I sat it today, 45 questions, and missed by 5 marks, getting 695 and needing
700. I sat it at Prometric and expected 2.5 hours but only got 1.5 hours.
I'm trying to determine if I was diddled out of an hour or if Prometric have
it wrong in their confirmation email.

Vue told me on the phone it was 145 Minutes...which is pretty close to 150.

Do you actually get that long or once again only 90? Anyone sat with them?

TIA
KIWI

James Martin

If I recall correctly, mine was 90 min also... I just looked back at my
e-mail from Prometric, and it says 2:30. 291 was the same except less
questions. Missing by 5 points stinks, but since scoring is confidential,
there's not much you can do.

Just a thought--if I had certifications that everyone was itching for, it
would be a great extra source of revenue to manipulate the confidential
scoring to raise revenues, and no one would ever know...

Oh well, study harder

"KIWI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know how long this exam is supposed to be?
>
> I sat it today, 45 questions, and missed by 5 marks, getting 695 and

needing
> 700. I sat it at Prometric and expected 2.5 hours but only got 1.5 hours.
> I'm trying to determine if I was diddled out of an hour or if Prometric

have
> it wrong in their confirmation email.
>
> Vue told me on the phone it was 145 Minutes...which is pretty close to

150.

> Do you actually get that long or once again only 90? Anyone sat with them?
>
> TIA
> KIWI

Kent Paul

ok cool 2:30 for me also, but i have my exam on monday. Ill check it out
thanks
"James Martin" <martin 426 At yahoo> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I recall correctly, mine was 90 min also... I just looked back at my
> e-mail from Prometric, and it says 2:30. 291 was the same except less
> questions. Missing by 5 points stinks, but since scoring is

confidential,
> there's not much you can do.
>
> Just a thought--if I had certifications that everyone was itching for, it
> would be a great extra source of revenue to manipulate the confidential
> scoring to raise revenues, and no one would ever know...
>
> Oh well, study harder
>
> "KIWI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone know how long this exam is supposed to be?
> >
> > I sat it today, 45 questions, and missed by 5 marks, getting 695 and

> needing
> > 700. I sat it at Prometric and expected 2.5 hours but only got 1.5

hours.
> > I'm trying to determine if I was diddled out of an hour or if Prometric

> have
> > it wrong in their confirmation email.
> >
> > Vue told me on the phone it was 145 Minutes...which is pretty close to

> 150.
> >
> > Do you actually get that long or once again only 90? Anyone sat with

them?

> > TIA
> > KIWI

Kent Paul

shame m$ doesnt show a duration

"James Martin" <martin 426 At yahoo> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I recall correctly, mine was 90 min also... I just looked back at my
> e-mail from Prometric, and it says 2:30. 291 was the same except less
> questions. Missing by 5 points stinks, but since scoring is

confidential,
> there's not much you can do.
>
> Just a thought--if I had certifications that everyone was itching for, it
> would be a great extra source of revenue to manipulate the confidential
> scoring to raise revenues, and no one would ever know...
>
> Oh well, study harder
>
> "KIWI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone know how long this exam is supposed to be?
> >
> > I sat it today, 45 questions, and missed by 5 marks, getting 695 and

> needing
> > 700. I sat it at Prometric and expected 2.5 hours but only got 1.5

hours.
> > I'm trying to determine if I was diddled out of an hour or if Prometric

> have
> > it wrong in their confirmation email.
> >
> > Vue told me on the phone it was 145 Minutes...which is pretty close to

> 150.
> >
> > Do you actually get that long or once again only 90? Anyone sat with

them?

> > TIA
> > KIWI

Kent Paul

Yes can confirm i took mine today 45 questions, 1hr 36 mins.

Not much time at all

"Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40244c25$0$10337$(E-Mail Removed)...
> shame m$ doesnt show a duration
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.asp
>
> "James Martin" <martin 426 At yahoo> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If I recall correctly, mine was 90 min also... I just looked back at my
> > e-mail from Prometric, and it says 2:30. 291 was the same except less
> > questions. Missing by 5 points stinks, but since scoring is

> confidential,
> > there's not much you can do.
> >
> > Just a thought--if I had certifications that everyone was itching for,

it
> > would be a great extra source of revenue to manipulate the confidential
> > scoring to raise revenues, and no one would ever know...
> >
> > Oh well, study harder
> >
> > "KIWI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Anyone know how long this exam is supposed to be?
> > >
> > > I sat it today, 45 questions, and missed by 5 marks, getting 695 and

> > needing
> > > 700. I sat it at Prometric and expected 2.5 hours but only got 1.5

> hours.
> > > I'm trying to determine if I was diddled out of an hour or if

Prometric
> > have
> > > it wrong in their confirmation email.
> > >
> > > Vue told me on the phone it was 145 Minutes...which is pretty close to

> > 150.
> > >
> > > Do you actually get that long or once again only 90? Anyone sat with

> them?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > KIWI

James Martin

You left out one critical detail: How'd it go?? No gripes, so I'll assume
you passed. Congrats..

"Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4027e08c$0$7065$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes can confirm i took mine today 45 questions, 1hr 36 mins.
>
> Not much time at all
>

> "Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40244c25$0$10337$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > shame m$ doesnt show a duration
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.asp
> >
> > "James Martin" <martin 426 At yahoo> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > If I recall correctly, mine was 90 min also... I just looked back at

my
> > > e-mail from Prometric, and it says 2:30. 291 was the same except less
> > > questions. Missing by 5 points stinks, but since scoring is

> > confidential,
> > > there's not much you can do.
> > >
> > > Just a thought--if I had certifications that everyone was itching for,

> it
> > > would be a great extra source of revenue to manipulate the

confidential
> > > scoring to raise revenues, and no one would ever know...
> > >
> > > Oh well, study harder
> > >
> > > "KIWI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > needing

> > hours.

> Prometric
> > > have

> > > 150.

> > them?

Kent Paul

Yes i passed But had a few technical problems with the testing software,
as the session expired and no score was give or the questionaire. So i have
told the testing centre of the problems be interested what prometric will
say. Noticed that the timer is also incorrect being out by about 6 minutes.

But yes I passed, so that the good ending

"James Martin" <martin 426 AT yahoo> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You left out one critical detail: How'd it go?? No gripes, so I'll

assume
> you passed. Congrats..
>
> "Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4027e08c$0$7065$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes can confirm i took mine today 45 questions, 1hr 36 mins.
> >
> > Not much time at all
> >

> > "Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:40244c25$0$10337$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > shame m$ doesnt show a duration
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.asp
> > >
> > > "James Martin" <martin 426 At yahoo> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

at
> my

less
> > > confidential,

for,
> > it

> confidential

and

1.5
> > > hours.

> > Prometric

close

with
> > > them?

KIWI

That's similar to my own experience. No result and no questionnaire.

I received a 5 minute warning and when I click OK and looked at the timer in
the upper right hand corner I had 2 minutes and 12 seconds left. I only
found out I'd missed on leaving the room and retrieving the
printout...nothing ever came up on the screen.

I think I might try the other agency next time, they say the exam is 145
minutes.

"Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40281c3b$0$7059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes i passed But had a few technical problems with the testing software,
> as the session expired and no score was give or the questionaire. So i

have
> told the testing centre of the problems be interested what prometric will
> say. Noticed that the timer is also incorrect being out by about 6

minutes.

> But yes I passed, so that the good ending
>

> "James Martin" <martin 426 AT yahoo> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You left out one critical detail: How'd it go?? No gripes, so I'll

> assume
> > you passed. Congrats..
> >
> > "Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:4027e08c$0$7065$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes can confirm i took mine today 45 questions, 1hr 36 mins.
> > >
> > > Not much time at all
> > >

> > > "Kent Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:40244c25$0$10337$(E-Mail Removed)...

> at
> > my

> less

> for,
> > > it

> > confidential

> and

> 1.5
> > > Prometric

> close

> with

James Martin

Hmmm, weird... I've noticed on several exams I've taken the exam will
minimize (at first I thought it just crashed) which can get your heart
thumping after you've been there for an hour and twenty minutes! How did
you know you passed?