Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No wireless icon... can I connect?

No wireless icon... can I connect?

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ib25oYW0=?=

I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
make it work?
Thanks

Pavel A.

"Robonham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
> wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
> connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
> puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
> make it work?
> Thanks

If nothing else helps - read the documentation.....

--PA

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ib25oYW0=?=

Thanks. Already checked that...nothing there.

"Pavel A." wrote:

> "Robonham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
> > wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
> > connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
> > puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
> > make it work?
> > Thanks

> If nothing else helps - read the documentation.....
>
> --PA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If the computer has Wireless card this might help.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Otherwise, buy a Wireless card.
Jack (MVP-Networking).