Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Nat-traversal alternative?

Nat-traversal alternative?

John Tressle

We have a PIX 501 running 6.2 and are having problems with some clients
connecting via VPN that are behind wireless routers. They are able to
connect but cannot ping anything on the internal network. From doing some
research - it seems like the solution is the nat-traversal but unfortunately
that command is only available in 6.3 and later.

Is there anything else I can do to get this working or is it time to buy a
new firewall? Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
John

Brian V

"John Tressle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HVZKh.40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a PIX 501 running 6.2 and are having problems with some clients
> connecting via VPN that are behind wireless routers. They are able to
> connect but cannot ping anything on the internal network. From doing some
> research - it seems like the solution is the nat-traversal but
> unfortunately that command is only available in 6.3 and later.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to get this working or is it time to buy a
> new firewall? Any help appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
> John

Why not just up it to 6.3(5)? Search around, lot's of vulnerabilities out
there which makes you eligible for the upgrade. Provided of course you
bought the 501 new and not used somewhere.