Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Advise on which ATA device to buy?

Advise on which ATA device to buy?

Brian

On 2007-03-18, dmitri <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:40:09 +0000, Brian wrote:
>> It has a dialplan facility which is rather rudimentary compared with
>> other ATAs and it does not pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls. If
>> neither of these deficiencies bother you, the VPA-11, at about 25 GBP,
>> is a decent, low cost device.

> Brian, do you know ATAs which pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls?

I know the SPA 2000 does, but that's about it. If you are concerned
whether a particular ATA does do UK CLID it is probably best to ask
about it or do a search on that device.

Brian.

Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

fa103 wrote:
> Guys here is a small description of the Flexor 151 (amazing been using
> it for 6 months perfect and easy to use check out the hop on hop off
> feature!):

I have just read the user manual
http://www.voiptalk.org/products/pdf...ser_Manual.pdf
it it does appear to be quite a handy bit of kit
How many SIP accounts can be set up and registered?

I may get one for my parents.
:)

Pete

Brian A

On 18 Mar 2007 19:39:43 -0700, "fa103" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Guys here is a small description of the Flexor 151 (amazing been using
>it for 6 months perfect and easy to use check out the hop on hop off
>feature!):
>
>http://www.connexin.co.uk then shop.

The package prices on the home page are very expensive.
You'd do better with many PSTN landline services let alone voip.
More expensive than Vonage and more expensive than BT.
For 20 you get 'International Anytime' - Talk Talk offer that
including landline rental and up to 8MB broadband for 21.
I can't see good value in any of these packages at all.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

dmitri

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:37:58 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On 2007-03-18, dmitri <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:40:09 +0000, Brian wrote:
>>> It has a dialplan facility which is rather rudimentary compared with
>>> other ATAs and it does not pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls. If
>>> neither of these deficiencies bother you, the VPA-11, at about 25 GBP,
>>> is a decent, low cost device.

>> Brian, do you know ATAs which pass caller-ID for incoming PSTN calls?

> I know the SPA 2000 does, but that's about it. If you are concerned
> whether a particular ATA does do UK CLID it is probably best to ask
> about it or do a search on that device.
>
> Brian.

Hm... SPA 2000 seems NOT to support PSTN through

Brian

On 2007-03-19, dmitri <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hm... SPA 2000 seems NOT to support PSTN through

I could claim a mistype. '2', when '3' was intended. But I won't.

Brian.

alexd

Duncan MacCallum wrote:

> I've couple of ex BT ATA locked and locked Freetalk ATA Is it a major
> task to unlock ATA's?

I've got a Fujitsu FDX-840 [a re-branded D-Link that BT used to sell] that I
flashed with the relevant D-Link firmware, and it works great. 99p from
eBay[listed as "Locked to BT"] was a bargain for two analogue ports.

> Have tried google for info but found nothing

That sounds unlikely.

22:23:15 up 25 days, 2:36, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.16, 0.34
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Duncan MacCallum

alexd wrote:
> Duncan MacCallum wrote:
>
>> I've couple of ex BT ATA locked and locked Freetalk ATA Is it a major
>> task to unlock ATA's?

> I've got a Fujitsu FDX-840 [a re-branded D-Link that BT used to sell] that I
> flashed with the relevant D-Link firmware, and it works great. 99p from
> eBay[listed as "Locked to BT"] was a bargain for two analogue ports.

OK so i have to find relevant D link software for my locked Fujitsu

>> Have tried google for info but found nothing

> That sounds unlikely.

Google seems to work best when you know what your looking for

Cheers

fa103

On Mar 19, 10:33 am, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2007 19:39:43 -0700, "fa103" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Guys here is a small description of the Flexor 151 (amazing been using
> >it for 6 months perfect and easy to use check out the hop on hop off
> >feature!):

> >http://www.connexin.co.ukthen shop.

> The package prices on the home page are very expensive.
> You'd do better with many PSTN landline services let alone voip.
> More expensive than Vonage and more expensive than BT.
> For 20 you get 'International Anytime' - Talk Talk offer that
> including landline rental and up to 8MB broadband for 21.
> I can't see good value in any of these packages at all.
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Hey Brian,

Hope you are well. I know Connexin are only running Pay as you go VoIP
services for now. Also They have a Offer on but for over the phone
sales only at the moment.

The Offer is:

Flexor 151 - 39.99 Including VAT with the equivalent of 200 Free UK
minutes

If You are interested in this send me a reply and i'll get you the
right contact number.

Regards,

alexd

Duncan MacCallum wrote:

> alexd wrote:
>> Duncan MacCallum wrote:
>>
>>> I've couple of ex BT ATA locked and locked Freetalk ATA Is it a major
>>> task to unlock ATA's?

>> I've got a Fujitsu FDX-840 [a re-branded D-Link that BT used to sell]
>> that I flashed with the relevant D-Link firmware, and it works great. 99p
>> from eBay[listed as "Locked to BT"] was a bargain for two analogue
>> ports.

> OK so i have to find relevant D link software for my locked Fujitsu

Just logged on to mine and it says "D-Link DVG-1120S".

>>> Have tried google for info but found nothing

>> That sounds unlikely.

> Google seems to work best when you know what your looking for

Hit #4 is this:
www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_5497.html

15:46:17 up 25 days, 19:59, 2 users, load average: 1.45, 0.89, 0.42
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Panda

On Mar 17, 11:00 pm, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to try Voip without having the PC switched on to make a call so it's
> more family friendly to use.
>
> As there are many Analogue Phone Adapters on the market and I understand
> some are much poorer quality than others I feel it would be wise to seek
> advice on this before I buy one.
>
> I have been looking at the specs of the Pluscom SIP VOIP VPA-11 and Netgear
> Sipgate TA612V, so any advice would be very helpful at this point.
>
> I will be using this with a cable modem (up to 2Mb download) & Netgear
> WRG614 router.
>
> Also thinking about using the Sipgate service to start with, any advice on
> Voip providers will also be helpful as well. Main use will be internal UK
> calls.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jonathan

Hi,

I suggest using ZyXEL P2002 or P2002L ATAs, they are very stable and
easy to configure with clear sound quality.

www.networkingland.com/voip_vendors.htm

Or if you can spend more, go Wi-Fi VoIP phones and look for P2000W
from ZyXEL also, they have crystal clear sound.

Panda,

www.networkingland.com

Which ATA device? Mick UK VOIP 4 08-03-2006 06:46 PM
ATA advise artlab VOIP 1 09-07-2005 03:32 AM
Serial ATA HD And Ultra/ATA HD's In Same PC: O.K. ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 10-28-2004 10:14 PM
Ultra ATA/100 HDD on a Ultra ATA/33 motherboard Prinxce of Darkxness Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 05:36 PM
ATA 133 HD on a ATA 100 Board buffy Computer Support 2 12-23-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments