Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Free VoIP PBX Hosting

Reply
Thread Tools

Free VoIP PBX Hosting

 
 
Bryan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-16-2007
Hello Everyone:

I have been looking around for a FREE VoIP PBX Hosting provider for a
while. I have found pbxes.com and easypabx.com but easypabx.com has
stopped offering FREE hosting and pbxes.com restricts to only 2 calls
at a time, including internal calls.

Does anyone know of any other FREE VoIP PBX Hosting Providers? Please
submit all that you know of.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lurch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2007
On 16 Mar 2007 15:12:04 -0700, "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> mused:

>Hello Everyone:
>
>I have been looking around for a FREE VoIP PBX Hosting provider for a
>while. I have found pbxes.com and easypabx.com but easypabx.com has
>stopped offering FREE hosting and pbxes.com restricts to only 2 calls
>at a time, including internal calls.
>
>Does anyone know of any other FREE VoIP PBX Hosting Providers? Please
>submit all that you know of.


I'm assuming that you want a non-limited in any way free service.

Just as a matter of interest then, why do you feel you need a fully
functioning PBX but don't feel you need to pay for ay of it
whatsoever?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bryan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2007
I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
then that is fine too.

I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
really paid, we need some sort of free service.

Thanks

>
> I'm assuming that you want a non-limited in any way free service.
>
> Just as a matter of interest then, why do you feel you need a fully
> functioning PBX but don't feel you need to pay for ay of it
> whatsoever?
> --
> Regards,
> Stuart.



 
Reply With Quote
 
alexd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2007
Bryan wrote:

> I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
> then that is fine too.
>
> I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
> are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
> ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
> All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
> students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
> really paid, we need some sort of free service.


If you're any good with computers, have a go at setting up Asterisk.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
19:32:07 up 22 days, 23:45, 2 users, load average: 0.37, 0.32, 0.69
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon Henderson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bryan wrote:
>
>> I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
>> then that is fine too.
>>
>> I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
>> are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
>> ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
>> All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
>> students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
>> really paid, we need some sort of free service.

>
>If you're any good with computers, have a go at setting up Asterisk.


Seconded.

However, how are you going to make sure that the people trying to
contact you can actually contact you? How are they going to do it? Are
they going to pick up a phone and call a number? What number? What is
their phone connected to? (PSTN or tinternet?) Will you expect
(give/force?) them into using an IP phone of some sorts?

If you're going to suggest to them that they use a soft-phone, then you
might as well use Skype.

If you expect them to call a number from a real phone then you'll need
some sort of PSTN -> VoIP inbound service... Such as Sipgate, etc.

You can do this with asterisk, but you'll need a place to run the actual
server and Internet connectivity - An ADSL line will suffice if it's
not used for much else and has a static IP address. Look at trixbox -
www.trixbox.org that might get you started.

Good luck...

Gordon
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bryan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-17-2007
I have a PSTN to VoIP phone number from VoiceStick. And I would have
a astrisk server, but we use DSL Internet and it can't really handle
holding the astrisk server + the calls + our normal internet
usage...thats why but using a Hosted VoIP PBX we could use the phones
at home and not slow down the whole connection.

Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon Henderson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Bryan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have a PSTN to VoIP phone number from VoiceStick. And I would have
>a astrisk server, but we use DSL Internet and it can't really handle
>holding the astrisk server + the calls + our normal internet
>usage...thats why but using a Hosted VoIP PBX we could use the phones
>at home and not slow down the whole connection.


If you think your current ADSL system won't support an asterisk server
on the inside then how do you expect to make outgoing calls over it from
internal IP phones to an externally hosted asterisk server (which then
presumably talks to VoiceStick for you)

And what are you doing that would render it unable to handle a call or
2? (other than running limewire, bittorrent, etc?) An ADSL-MAX line from
a decent ISP with a good router which can handle QoS will support up to 5
calls at the same time. (There are other issues which you can't control,
but I've done this many times with a lot of success). If you move to a
compressed codec then the number of calls increases.

What do you actually expect to gain from this all? I'm imagining a
single server to let your group talk to each other, then to connect to
VoiceStick to let you make/take external calls? Is this what you're after?

So why don't you just get more PSTN to VoIP numbers from VoiceStick,
and give one to every member of your team? No need for asterisk
then. Presumably you can call each other "internally" via the VoiceStick
system, then pay as you go for calling PSTN numbers... ?

Gordon
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2007
On 17 Mar 2007 08:08:24 -0700, "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
>then that is fine too.
>
>I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
>are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
>ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
>All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
>students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
>really paid, we need some sort of free service.
>

I am wondering why you need a PBX for all this.
Are your clients using standard landlines or do you intend that they
all all on voip?
If the latter then they will each need an ATA or a softphone such as
x-lite - either would do.
But, why a PBX.? You can all sign up for a free account with the same
voip provider. Then distribute all the SIP numbers to everyone and
everyone can call everyone else for free. If you need conference calls
then there are free ones available that people can dial into.
If this is the direction you intend to go then please come back with
any queries.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
dmitri
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2007
Have a look at voxalot.com. It's free and it allows you to have asterisk-
flexible dial plan with multiple SIP accounts on a most primitive ATA.
Shame on Betamax - they blocked voxalot last week though it should be OK
with decent providers.

I agree with other replies that you could make it more clear for yourself
on what you want to achive and how.


On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:19:02 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Bryan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I have a PSTN to VoIP phone number from VoiceStick. And I would have a
>>astrisk server, but we use DSL Internet and it can't really handle
>>holding the astrisk server + the calls + our normal internet
>>usage...thats why but using a Hosted VoIP PBX we could use the phones at
>>home and not slow down the whole connection.

>
> If you think your current ADSL system won't support an asterisk server
> on the inside then how do you expect to make outgoing calls over it from
> internal IP phones to an externally hosted asterisk server (which then
> presumably talks to VoiceStick for you)
>
> And what are you doing that would render it unable to handle a call or
> 2? (other than running limewire, bittorrent, etc?) An ADSL-MAX line from
> a decent ISP with a good router which can handle QoS will support up to
> 5 calls at the same time. (There are other issues which you can't
> control, but I've done this many times with a lot of success). If you
> move to a compressed codec then the number of calls increases.
>
> What do you actually expect to gain from this all? I'm imagining a
> single server to let your group talk to each other, then to connect to
> VoiceStick to let you make/take external calls? Is this what you're
> after?
>
> So why don't you just get more PSTN to VoIP numbers from VoiceStick, and
> give one to every member of your team? No need for asterisk then.
> Presumably you can call each other "internally" via the VoiceStick
> system, then pay as you go for calling PSTN numbers... ?
>
> Gordon

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voip PBX,Private Phone Systems,PBX Telephone Systems, Business Phone Systems broadbandera@gmail.com UK VOIP 9 07-24-2006 03:44 PM
Re: Voip PBX,Private Phone Systems,PBX Telephone Systems, Bu George Orwell UK VOIP 0 07-23-2006 05:35 PM
Virtual PBX,Private Phone Systems,PBX Sip,Phone Switches,Pabx,Free Internet Calls likatrib@gmail.com VOIP 0 05-20-2006 11:41 PM
Virtual PBX,Private Phone Systems,PBX Sip,Phone Switches,Pabx,Free Internet Calls likatrib@gmail.com VOIP 0 05-09-2006 01:07 AM



Advertisments