Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Curious Kink

Curious Kink

patrick j

Hello

I've created this web-site:

<http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk>

However in IE6 there is a lack of alignment (or if you like, a kink) on the
left side of the text just below the image of the clipboard. If you don't
see it at first resizing the browser window of IE6 might well make it more
obvious.

This is unique to IE6 it seems, I can't see it in any other browser I've
tried. The kink suggest that perhaps the div used for the navigation is
wider than the margin of the div used for the text. The div for the
navigation menu sits in the margin of that for the text, but it just isn't
too wide as far as I can see.

Here is the CSS:

<http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk/iwstyles.css>

I have checked the elements within the navigation div and none of them
appears to be too wide. So for me it is a mystery.

I'd be grateful if someone would be able to point out where this kink is
coming from.

Thank you

Patrick

--
Patrick - Brighton, UK
If you wish email me from my web-site: <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>

Els

patrick j wrote:

> <http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk>

[snip]

> I'd be grateful if someone would be able to point out where this kink is
> coming from.

It's the infamous 3px jog bug:
http://www.positioniseverything.net/...reepxtest.html

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Now playing: Hot Chocolate - It Started With A Kiss

patrick j

On Mar 16, 2007 Els wrote:

> It's the infamous 3px jog bug

Thank you

I'm reading about this bug now and I'll fix it.

--
Patrick - Brighton, UK
If you wish email me from my web-site: <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>
Inventory service in Sussex: <http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk>

can some1 help with my kink is java mark2kay@gmail.com Javascript 14 04-12-2006 10:27 PM
Curious article for Linksys router wrt54GS Frank Wireless Networking 0 07-03-2005 05:04 PM
just curious whitzombi Firefox 2 11-09-2004 03:37 AM
Curious Ed Mullen Firefox 34 03-02-2004 11:34 PM
A curious behaviour with an URL on the W3C Griffure Firefox 0 08-11-2003 11:46 AM

Advertisments