susan

Help
# 1 How can I get rid of the protection that keeps popping up? I believe its
called data execution protection. Its a pain in the rear.

# 2 My dvd santa does not work in vista. Can anyone recommend a converter
to dvd files that will work?

# how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to run
or install or remove a program?

#4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?

thanks for help and replies
susan

why?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:15:33 -0500, susan wrote:

>Help

You do know about the few posts in 24HSHD
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics
that mention the specific MS Vista newsgroups?

Oh well here it is again,

Your usenet app, connect to news.microsoft.com
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com.../nntpnews.mspx

Web interface
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

From your usenet provider,

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o

You can also view these groups if carried by Google using

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...general/topics
just replace the bit between group/.../topics

In general www.google.com

># 1 How can I get rid of the protection that keeps popping up? I believe its
>called data execution protection. Its a pain in the rear.

Is it or isn't it? Ok so #3 covers UAC so #1 must be DEP.

www.google.com search for - vista disable dep
http://www.google.com/search?q=vista+disable+dep

># 2 My dvd santa does not work in vista. Can anyone recommend a converter
>to dvd files that will work?

No. Altthough....

DVD Santa support / bug report
dvdSanta: Create, Convert, Copy and Burn Your Own DVD movies.
www.dvdsanta.com/

Remember to mention how it doesn't work, what version it is if you
decide to ask them.

># how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to run
>or install or remove a program?

Ah UAC.

www.google.com
vista disable uac
http://www.google.com/search?q=vista+disable+uac

>#4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?

You didn't read the many blogs, posts reviews saying not to upgrade.

> thanks for help and replies
> susan

Me

Mellowed

"susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news1CKh.17600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help
> # 1 How can I get rid of the protection that keeps popping up? I believe
> its called data execution protection. Its a pain in the rear.
>
> # 2 My dvd santa does not work in vista. Can anyone recommend a converter
> to dvd files that will work?
>
> # how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to
> run or install or remove a program?
>
> #4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?
>
> thanks for help and replies
> susan

Mellowed

"susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news1CKh.17600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help
> # 1 How can I get rid of the protection that keeps popping up? I believe
> its called data execution protection. Its a pain in the rear.
>
> # 2 My dvd santa does not work in vista. Can anyone recommend a converter
> to dvd files that will work?
>
> # how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to
> run or install or remove a program?
>
> #4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?
>
> thanks for help and replies
> susan

Just go to Control Panel, Security, Security Center. Turn off User Account
Control.

elaich

"susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news1CKh.17600$zJ1.7534
@newsfe24.lga:

> #4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?

Nope, but don't say you weren't warned. If you read this group, there were
plenty of them.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?