Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Any good materials on Axis1.x?

Any good materials on Axis1.x?

tonywinslow1986@gmail.com

Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
part of it.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Tomek

On 16 Mar, 12:25, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
> I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
> part of it.
> Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

I can recommend you to not use Axis 1.x
Use any webservice framework based on StAX like Apache CXF , XFire or
Axis 2.x, they are much faster and easier to use.

tony_se

On 3月16日, 下午10时22分, "Tomek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 16 Mar, 12:25, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
> > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
> > part of it.
> > Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

> I can recommend you to not use Axis 1.x
> Use any webservice framework based on StAX like Apache CXF , XFire or
> Axis 2.x, they are much faster and easier to use.

Thank you! But, unfortunately, I'm involved in a project that Axis1.x
is specified as the WebService
framework to be used. I want to learn more about J2EE patterns and
again multilayer software development, especially with WebService. Any
further suggestions?

Tomek

On 16 Mar, 16:07, "tony_se" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 3鏈16鏃, 涓嬪崍10鏃22鍒, "Tomek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On 16 Mar, 12:25, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
> > > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
> > > part of it.
> > > Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

> > I can recommend you to not use Axis 1.x
> > Use any webservice framework based on StAX like Apache CXF , XFire or
> > Axis 2.x, they are much faster and easier to use.

> Thank you! But, unfortunately, I'm involved in a project that Axis1.x
> is specified as the WebService
> framework to be used. I want to learn more about J2EE patterns and
> again multilayer software development, especially with WebService. Any
> further suggestions?

Hmm, i'm afraid ( in most ppl opinions ) axis isn't a place where you
should learn best practices and good design :/

=?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=

> Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
> I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
> part of it.

Have you read the docs that comes with Axis (especially the
user guide) ?

It is actually quite good for the simple stuff. The advanced
stuff is a bit more tricky.

What specifically do you need help with ?

Arne

tony_se

On 3鏈17鏃, 涓婂崍8鏃31鍒, Arne Vajh酶j <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
> > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
> > part of it.

> Have you read the docs that comes with Axis (especially the
> user guide) ?
>
> It is actually quite good for the simple stuff. The advanced
> stuff is a bit more tricky.
>
> What specifically do you need help with ?
>
> Arne

To make it detailed: It's a one semester project about stock. Our
professor has set up
the basic layers for us, i.e. we should implement it from front to end
the following layers:
browser->MVC/Servlet/RMIClient->RMIServer/AxisClient->AxisServer/JDBC-
>DerbyDB.

The problem now is I'm not familiar with Axis and the ABCs in using
WebService to build
an enterprise solution. And up to now, I can't make out what the RMI
layer is all about and
is it necessary?

Lew

tony_se wrote:
> To make it detailed: It's a one semester project about stock. Our
> professor has set up
> the basic layers for us, i.e. we should implement it from front to end
> the following layers:
> browser->MVC/Servlet/RMIClient->RMIServer/AxisClient->AxisServer/JDBC-
>> DerbyDB.

> The problem now is I'm not familiar with Axis and the ABCs in using
> WebService to build
> an enterprise solution. And up to now, I can't make out what the RMI
> layer is all about and
> is it necessary?

Have you read up on RMI? Like Web services (the Axis component) it is a tool
for remote invocation of logic. I don't see how RMI and Axis should coexist in
the same project.

Perhaps the professor intended to offer you a choice of remote invocation
techniques, not to have you use all of them at once.

-- Lew

=?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=

tony_se wrote:
> To make it detailed: It's a one semester project about stock. Our
> professor has set up
> the basic layers for us, i.e. we should implement it from front to end
> the following layers:
> browser->MVC/Servlet/RMIClient->RMIServer/AxisClient->AxisServer/JDBC-> DerbyDB.
> The problem now is I'm not familiar with Axis and the ABCs in using
> WebService to build
> an enterprise solution. And up to now, I can't make out what the RMI
> layer is all about and
> is it necessary?

That looks rather weird.

But if your Axis requirements are simple, then it is easy.

Dump the axis war file into your Tomcat web app dir and
rename your web service class from .java to .jws and dump that
into the axis dir created by Tomcat from the war.

RMI is its own story.

You will need to read up on it.

Arne

Good prep materials Amith B S MCTS 1 12-27-2007 05:59 AM
Looking for recommendations on good materials to learn about VoIP, its protocols, etc. Jonathan Roberts VOIP 2 06-27-2006 11:55 PM
Good C materials anbu C Programming 2 12-19-2005 05:14 AM
Good Study materials for Exam 70-218 Jimbo MCSE 0 12-08-2003 10:22 PM

Advertisments