Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Security blocking pdf download

Security blocking pdf download

Brickcounter

In IE I get the message 'your current security settings do not allow this
file to be downloaded' when I try to read a pdf file.
I have xp pro sp2, netgear 834gt modem router, Kaspersky AV v6, IEv6.
I have tried disabling the security options in the browser, but still does
not load.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Brickcounter

Bullseye

Brickcounter wrote:

> In IE I get the message 'your current security settings do not allow
> this file to be downloaded' when I try to read a pdf file. I have xp
> pro sp2, netgear 834gt modem router, Kaspersky AV v6, IEv6. I have
> tried disabling the security options in the browser, but still does
> not load. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Brickcounter

You should be able to just click on the message bar and allow the
download. It seems that there is an option to change settings. It has
been so long since I've use that malware magnet that I can't remember
for sure. I guess the question I have is why are you even using IE?
Try using Firefox or Opera and see if you have the same problem.