Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > security breach

security breach

raymondandrews@gmail.com

A person (ex wifes new partner) has found my password and user names
and is accessing my gmail, sending damaging emails to clients and
reading emails and then was deletting them before I saw them. (I set
up alternative email address tha tgmail sends a copy to so this is no
longer an issue) Also he has been sending emails with damaging
messages.

1) I obtained his IP address by seting up a link he clicked on to view
some information. Can anyone tell me the best way of using this IP to
confirm the physical address of his computer. Also any other way of
trapping him so that when i take this to court I have as strong a case
as possible.
2) How do you contact Gamila and get a record of the times this IP has
accessed my account. I heard you need a court order?

lee houston

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> A person (ex wifes new partner) has found my password and user names
> and is accessing my gmail, sending damaging emails to clients and
> reading emails and then was deletting them before I saw them. (I set
> up alternative email address tha tgmail sends a copy to so this is no
> longer an issue) Also he has been sending emails with damaging
> messages.

so change your gmail passwords, einstein. Or is this a troll?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...py?answer=6567

Moe Szyslak

>A person (ex wifes new partner) has found my password and user names
>and is accessing my gmail, sending damaging emails to clients and
>reading emails and then was deletting them before I saw them. (I set
>up alternative email address tha tgmail sends a copy to so this is no
>longer an issue) Also he has been sending emails with damaging
>messages.
>
>1) I obtained his IP address by seting up a link he clicked on to view
>some information. Can anyone tell me the best way of using this IP to
>confirm the physical address of his computer. Also any other way of
>trapping him so that when i take this to court I have as strong a case
>as possible.
>2) How do you contact Gamila and get a record of the times this IP has
>accessed my account. I heard you need a court order

Let Google know that a crime has been committed and request they LOG
all activity from your account. Give them details explaining why -
include the law enforcement officer working your case.

Then-- change your password.

It would be nice to keep the account active to gather more evidence,
since your clients rely on this account, it's best to change the
password only at this point. Google will hopefully log unsuccessful
attempts to gain entry to your account when you inform them that it
needs to be flagged. Changing the email addy should not be necessary,
if you take the proper steps.

Request the log from Google when you decide to sue the bitch, it may
require a subpoena - so be prepared, let your lawyer know - you may
want him to send the request for logging in email form at first (from
your account in question, and his office account copied) follow up
with a registered snail mail to Google HQ.

Demolitio

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> A person (ex wifes new partner) has found my password and user names
> and is accessing my gmail, sending damaging emails to clients and
> reading emails and then was deletting them before I saw them. (I set
> up alternative email address tha tgmail sends a copy to so this is no
> longer an issue) Also he has been sending emails with damaging
> messages.
>
> 1) I obtained his IP address by seting up a link he clicked on to view
> some information. Can anyone tell me the best way of using this IP to
> confirm the physical address of his computer. Also any other way of
> trapping him so that when i take this to court I have as strong a case
> as possible.
> 2) How do you contact Gamila and get a record of the times this IP has
> accessed my account. I heard you need a court order?

I agree with both Lee's and Moe's comments... you can certainly contact
google to log you, but why don't you do things the easy way and just
change the password? a person like that, in my opinion, is not worth
spending time and money on, when you can just shrug him off and keep
going? No real need to do anything else, but keep an eye on him in case
he wants to do something more out in the open you can catch him in the
act with.

but if you really want to consider persueing him, you might want to do a
whois (there are plenty of websites you can use on google to accompish
this), and use the information you come up with from there to contact
the ISP of the associated IP address and complain to thier abuse
department, or request more infromation, citing the reason why.

Moe Szyslak

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>A person (ex wifes new partner) has found my password and user names
>and is accessing my gmail, sending damaging emails to clients and
>reading emails and then was deletting them before I saw them. (I set
>up alternative email address tha tgmail sends a copy to so this is no
>longer an issue) Also he has been sending emails with damaging
>messages.
>
>1) I obtained his IP address by seting up a link he clicked on to view
>some information. Can anyone tell me the best way of using this IP to
>confirm the physical address of his computer. Also any other way of
>trapping him so that when i take this to court I have as strong a case
>as possible.
>2) How do you contact Gamila and get a record of the times this IP has
>accessed my account. I heard you need a court order?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you how to obtain the IP info,

Just goto dnsstuff.com