Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Re: Exams Required for MCSE

Re: Exams Required for MCSE

Kline Sphere

>> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
>
>What?! NO MCP???????

lol
must be an oversight

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>I graduated Mrs. Giger's Kindergarten Class

now, now, no one likes a show off!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=

"catwalker63" wrote:

> LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:
>
> <snip>
>
> Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!
I think it's in the contract somewhere.
(I do think that some here go beyond what is appropriate, however, and I
apologize if I have.)

> --
>
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com

Frisbee«

"LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "catwalker63" wrote:
>
>> LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

> I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!
> I think it's in the contract somewhere.
> (I do think that some here go beyond what is appropriate, however, and I
> apologize if I have.)

Yes, some do. We don't have a rabies check before we induct members, so
sometimes they slip through the cracks. Or perhaps they get rabies after
they're inducted. However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
actions of a select few. We're about as diverse a group as you can find.
We have a few things in common, that's all.

Michael D. Alligood

> I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!

LOL. Sorry I could not pass that up; it was just too funny!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "catwalker63" wrote:
>
> > LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

> I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!
> I think it's in the contract somewhere.
> (I do think that some here go beyond what is appropriate, however, and I
> apologize if I have.)
>
> > --
> >
> > Catwalker
> > MCNGP #43
> > www.mcngp.com
> > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."
> >

> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

Kline Sphere

>However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
>actions of a select few

i blame Neil.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Consultant

i agree!

> [...]

>> share information and help others; not belittle them, cuss at them, or
>> anything else negative the MCNGP does. Your group has set up camp in
>> these newsgroups and actually dedicate time in insulting people. Don't
>> you have a forum back in your MCNGP clubhouse? Why can you not use that?
>> If the "stupid" questions bother you by individuals, then simply do not
>> respond. Why waste the bandwidth? Why waste your time? Why do you feel
>> the need to crush 9/10ths of the individuals that post here. Think of
>> all the other things you could be doing with your personal and
>> professional time, if you just kept your insults, belittlements, and non
>> helpful advice to yourselves?
>>
>> > You
>> > know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
>> > Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today".
>> > That's
>> > how usenet works, dude.

>> I am sorry, that is NOT what this usenet was designed for. I am sure the
>> post here and in other newsgroups will unite and totally go off on me
>> for showing the slightest bit of compassion for trying to give something
>> back to my community; the I.T. community. So, whatever. I may not be
>> able to give that homeless man you speak of money every time I see him,
>> but I do not spit in his face for asking either...
>>
>> The MCNGP motto, "Building a better world of all of I.T." Exactly how
>> are you guys doing that? By "demonstrating posting skills both defensive
>> and offensively?" By "using and misuse, when appropriate, of the English
>> language?" By "using newsgroup flaming techniques?" By "belittling those
>> whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful and professional
>> manner?" Please explain how this is building a better world for all of
>> I.T.?
>>
>> --
>> Michael D. Alligood
>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
>> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
>> CIW Certified Instructor
>>
>> http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
>>

>> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:#(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > "Aries0999" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > So you got a helpful response, and you're still complaining about it?
>> > How
>> > many solutions to your problem do you want? Jeez.

>> > There are no "regulars" here whose job it is to help you. Not one
>> > person
>> > here has any responsibility or obligation to solve your problem for
>> > you. You
>> > know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
>> > Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today".
>> > That's
>> > how usenet works, dude. You got 9 "Sorry, not todays", but that one
>> > good
>> > response? Just make sure you don't buy booze with it.

Frisbee«

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
>>actions of a select few

> i blame Neil.

Well, I wasn't going to NAME NAMES!

Sheesh, now we're both off his Christmas list.

Kline Sphere

>i agree!

lets be honest here, you have no idea what you're talking about

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=

Michael:
I agree with most of what you wrote, and I apologize for confusing the MCGNP
with the CertGuard. Frisbee(r) is right that I have been lumping a few bad
apples with the entire group. Again, I apologize.

I do think that when someone creates a thread "Dog Pile on the Posters" that
it should raise at least a yellow flag that some things may be overboard and
needs to be toned down, even if they are doing it only in "fun." There needs
to be a happy medium somewhere. Sometimes "fun" is inappropriate - for
example, a friend of mine's doctor once said "oops" in the middle of his
vasectomy.

In regards to posters who do not know better - perhaps if Microsoft would
put their FAQ in a more prominent place, there would be less need for people
to post here.
Some of the blame for this must fall on Microsoft's web page designers.
I wonder if they are certified?