Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox download manager.. isn't

Reply
Thread Tools

firefox download manager.. isn't

 
 
no body
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2007
firefox 2.0.0.2 on WinXP, various & sundry extensions... but this one
happens with or without extensions (i.e. both normal and safe mode). for
some reason my download-manager window no longer shows ANY download
information.. no status, no completed downloads, etc. i have had the
download statusbar installed but as of now it shows no status on
donwloads either. i've been wading through the config and have not yet
found an option to twiddle. i've also not found anything yet via google
but haven't looked as deep as i want.

it looks like downloads DO happen.. I just can't view their status.

if anyone has a pointer, i'd appreciate it.

thx,
-r
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2007
no body wrote:
> firefox 2.0.0.2 on WinXP, various & sundry extensions... but this one
> happens with or without extensions (i.e. both normal and safe mode). for
> some reason my download-manager window no longer shows ANY download
> information.. no status, no completed downloads, etc. i have had the
> download statusbar installed but as of now it shows no status on
> donwloads either. i've been wading through the config and have not yet
> found an option to twiddle. i've also not found anything yet via google
> but haven't looked as deep as i want.
>
> it looks like downloads DO happen.. I just can't view their status.
>
> if anyone has a pointer, i'd appreciate it.
>
> thx,
> -r


The most common cause of this is allowing the download history to become
too full. Close Firefox, navigate to your profile folder, and delete
the file downloads.rdf. Restart Firefox. The Download Manager will be
empty, but it should work as expected.

I make it a proctice to clear the Download Manager whenevr I have to
scroll down to see its contenets.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
no body
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2007
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> The most common cause of this is allowing the download history to become
> too full. Close Firefox, navigate to your profile folder, and delete
> the file downloads.rdf. Restart Firefox. The Download Manager will be
> empty, but it should work as expected.


thx.. but i too am quite religious in keeping my download history clean.

it still appears tied to the downloads.rdf though. i finally found...

http://dlstatusbar.proboards43.com/i...ead=1171056923

... which included killing the downloads.rdf along with some other
things. the process on this page got me working again.

thx for the input though.. guess i should have stuck to google a little
longer.. :/

-r
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-16-2007
no body wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> The most common cause of this is allowing the download history to
>> become too full. Close Firefox, navigate to your profile folder, and
>> delete the file downloads.rdf. Restart Firefox. The Download Manager
>> will be empty, but it should work as expected.

>
> thx.. but i too am quite religious in keeping my download history clean.
>
> it still appears tied to the downloads.rdf though. i finally found...
>
> http://dlstatusbar.proboards43.com/i...ead=1171056923
>
>
> .. which included killing the downloads.rdf along with some other
> things. the process on this page got me working again.
>
> thx for the input though.. guess i should have stuck to google a little
> longer.. :/
>
> -r


I am unclear about this. Had you installed the dlstatusbar?

Also, there is no need to email me as well as responding in the group, I
will see it here.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firefox2.0.0.2,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download xiao.a.china@gmail.com Firefox 4 02-27-2007 09:49 AM
problem with code download file - two window file download Sam -- ASP .Net 2 03-17-2005 04:20 PM
Re: How can I display a download link in my (C#) ASP.NET web form to download a file stored in my sql db? Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] ASP .Net 0 03-07-2005 07:14 PM
File upload/download from database. Download appends aspx page to end of file Ryan Taylor ASP .Net 2 11-10-2004 08:31 PM



Advertisments