Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Don't buy a Compaq SR2150NX!

Don't buy a Compaq SR2150NX!

Sparky

bought a Compaq/HP SR2150NX on 1/31/07. It is the slowest, most
unreliable, and just poor quality machine that I have ever purchased.
I lodged a complaint with the Silicon Valley Better Business Bureau
regarding this machine. If you bought a SR2150NX, you should also
file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley.
If enough people file, they will have to do something about their
horrid machine. I have owned a personal computer since my old Tandy
1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
ever made. Fair warning!

-Paul Broadway

grappletech

>>my old Tandy 1000 HX

I had one of those. My grandmother bought it for me off of Fingerhut (I
think). It had a 8088 cpu@4mhz, no hard drive, no mouse. It did have the
3.5" floppy which was kinda cool compared to the 5.25" floppy drives. I
was rather limited in the software I could run on it, since it had no HD.
My friend bought a 386DX, and I was salivating over it.

Paul

Sparky wrote:
> bought a Compaq/HP SR2150NX on 1/31/07. It is the slowest, most
> unreliable, and just poor quality machine that I have ever purchased.
> I lodged a complaint with the Silicon Valley Better Business Bureau
> regarding this machine. If you bought a SR2150NX, you should also
> file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley.
> If enough people file, they will have to do something about their
> horrid machine. I have owned a personal computer since my old Tandy
> 1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
> ever made. Fair warning!
>
> -Paul Broadway

I don't think my previous post went through. Basically, the problem is
you have a computer with 512MB of memory, combined with Vista. Perhaps a
"golden oldie" like WinXP would work better. Or, prepare to shell out
for more RAM.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2917&p=3

The Celeron is running at 3.33GHz and has 512KB of cache. That
shouldn't really be any worse than a 3GHz P4.

Paul

JTJersey

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:32:22 -0700, Sparky wrote:

> bought a Compaq/HP SR2150NX on 1/31/07. It is the slowest, most
> unreliable, and just poor quality machine that I have ever purchased.
> I lodged a complaint with the Silicon Valley Better Business Bureau
> regarding this machine. If you bought a SR2150NX, you should also
> file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley.
> If enough people file, they will have to do something about their
> horrid machine. I have owned a personal computer since my old Tandy
> 1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
> ever made. Fair warning!
>
> -Paul Broadway

It's not Compaq, it's Microsoft. Welcome to Vista.

--
Registered Linux User #267152

uzi9mmauto uzi9mmauto is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Sparky wrote:
> bought a Compaq/HP SR2150NX on 1/31/07. It is the slowest, most
> unreliable, and just poor quality machine that I have ever purchased.
> I lodged a complaint with the Silicon Valley Better Business Bureau
> regarding this machine. If you bought a SR2150NX, you should also
> file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley.
> If enough people file, they will have to do something about their
> horrid machine. I have owned a personal computer since my old Tandy
> 1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
> ever made. Fair warning!
>
> -Paul Broadway

I don't think my previous post went through. Basically, the problem is
you have a computer with 512MB of memory, combined with Vista. Perhaps a
"golden oldie" like WinXP would work better. Or, prepare to shell out
for more RAM.

The Celeron is running at 3.33GHz and has 512KB of cache. That
shouldn't really be any worse than a 3GHz P4.

Paul
=
I'm Glad You mentioned how Windows XP would help. Indeed I found a Website Solely for this Model with EVERY Windows XP Drivers for Download. w w w.xp4compaq.webs.com Everything does work as they DO have every XP driver for the PC. Why the Compaq didn't do this is beyond me.