Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > help - can't get wireless to work

help - can't get wireless to work

=?Utf-8?B?bWltbW8=?=

I have SP2 and have been trying to get wireless internet to work with no
luck. I was at the airport in an area where people were using their laptop to
connect to the internet through a wireless connection. My laptop did not pick
up the connection. My hardware seemed to work fine, I also ran IPCONFIG at
the COmmand Prompt and could see the IP address of the network, I could also
PING the IP address, but if I tried to view all available wireless
connections, I could see none.
Any suggestions? thanks

Dave

had you paid your subscription up to get access??

"mimmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have SP2 and have been trying to get wireless internet to work with no
> luck. I was at the airport in an area where people were using their laptop

> connect to the internet through a wireless connection. My laptop did not

pick
> up the connection. My hardware seemed to work fine, I also ran IPCONFIG at
> the COmmand Prompt and could see the IP address of the network, I could

also
> PING the IP address, but if I tried to view all available wireless
> connections, I could see none.
> Any suggestions? thanks

=?Utf-8?B?YnJheWU=?=

I have tried installing a new wireless network also. I was instructed to
disable wep which now I understand my computer is accessible to other
computers and hackers and even after I disable wep, I can still not access
the main computer from my lab top even though I can see the connection. Also
I can not print a new message in the news group so I apologize for posting my
problem with yours mimmo. Any suggestions for any of these problems would be
apprecated.