Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: jar

Re: jar

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 15, 9:50 pm, ivan danicic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello, please see my post on comp.lang.java.programmer, same subject.

...and in future, please refrain from posting to
one group, while setting the follow-ups to another
(unless you specifically inform the reader).

(X-post to c.l.j.g./p. w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

Andrew T.

ivan danicic

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Mar 15, 9:50 pm, ivan danicic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello, please see my post on comp.lang.java.programmer, same subject.

> ..and in future, please refrain from posting to
> one group, while setting the follow-ups to another
> (unless you specifically inform the reader).
>
> (X-post to c.l.j.g./p. w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)
>
> Andrew T.

Andrew T: I have no idea what you mean.
Ivan

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 16, 5:31 am, "ivan danicic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Andrew T: I have no idea what you mean.

GIYF

Andrew T.

Lew

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> GIYF

"Google is Your Friend!"

And he was referring to something you did with the "Newsgroup" destination and
"Followup" destination on your original post in this thread.

ivan danicic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Hello, please see my post on comp.lang.java.programmer, same subject.

Basically, if you are looking for help from people, you do not want to make it
difficult for them to help you, or they won't. Instead they are likely to find
such an approach high-handed and excessively demanding. Such posts sometimes
get rude responses; Andrew was being nice enough to show you how to ameliorate
that.

It's part of the larger principle of "prefer cross-posting over multi-posting,
and prefer neither over either".

-- Lew