Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Newbie in trouble, need HELP!!!!!!!!!

Newbie in trouble, need HELP!!!!!!!!!

Roo

Hi,
for the past few months I have been downloading TV series and converting to
DVD to play in our lounge
home dvd player, all worked perfectly most were in xvid/divx format.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade my Nero/Vso/Winavi/Vlc software
to the latest versions. Since then I cant
produce a single perfect copy. Each time I install a program it makes
itseld default, converts perfectly, Nero
says it burns successfully, burn marks on good verbatim dvd+r but when I put
the disk in the 3 different multi
format philips players I have it says on screen either no disc/or
unsupported format, or other.

In going to my folder option in control panel I think my bups/vobs/Ifo are
out of synch.

I have the latest Nero software and cannot even convert and play a simple
avi converted with Nero Vision
and burnt with nero. I have nero 7 ultra with the necessary codecs.

Any helps appreciated, almost at wits end.
Thanks Roo

def456

"Roo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> for the past few months I have been downloading TV series and converting
> DVD to play in our lounge
> home dvd player, all worked perfectly most were in xvid/divx format.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade my Nero/Vso/Winavi/Vlc software
> to the latest versions. Since then I cant
> produce a single perfect copy. Each time I install a program it makes
> itseld default, converts perfectly, Nero
> says it burns successfully, burn marks on good verbatim dvd+r but when I
> put
> the disk in the 3 different multi
> format philips players I have it says on screen either no disc/or
> unsupported format, or other.
>
> In going to my folder option in control panel I think my bups/vobs/Ifo are
> out of synch.
>
> I have the latest Nero software and cannot even convert and play a simple
> avi converted with Nero Vision
> and burnt with nero. I have nero 7 ultra with the necessary codecs.
>
> Any helps appreciated, almost at wits end.
> Thanks Roo

Thinks to try...
-try a burn with ImgBurn
-try a different kind of disc, -R if you've been making coasters with +R
-uninstall your updated Nero and reinstall the former version

Justin Thyme

>> format philips players I have it says on screen either no disc/or
>> unsupported format, or other.

Had a very similar problem with my Philips DVD recorder. They were aware of
my specific problem and produced an upgrade.
With regards to your query, we can advise that a software upgrade has been
designed to rectify the issue you describe. This can be downloaded from
www.philips.co.uk/support.Worth a try if you haven't done already.