Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Connection not detected

Wireless Network Connection not detected

ameglakin ameglakin is offline
Junior Member

Hi! I really hope someone can help me!

I just recently got a ZyXel G-220 U2 wireless adapter to connect to our home network. I installed it using the Add New Hardware option from XP. (I tried installing the client that came with it first, and that did not work. So, I uninstalled it, and reinstalled just the driver.)

When I open Network Connections, no Wireless Connection option is showing up. I know the device is working properly because I went into the Device Manager and found my adapter. It had no red X or yellow ! . But for some reason, it is not being recognized as a wireless connection...

HELP!

PS. I read on another post to check and make sure that I had a USB 2.0 port... Which I don't know how to do, however, in the start guide for the adapter, it says the ZyXEL will work with USB 1.0 also.