Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > I've written some nifty analysis software, what now

I've written some nifty analysis software, what now

Hi,
I've written some C++ analysis / machine learning software which I
think is pretty nifty. I am wondering what to do with it. I think it
is worth some , $ or euros. Also I wondering how to protect it. It
might even deserve a paper, but I don't know the literature (it is a
big area)
It is in need of a front end and it is currently platform independent.

Good advice is welcome. Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

D wrote:
> I've written some C++ analysis / machine learning software which I
> think is pretty nifty. I am wondering what to do with it. I think it
> is worth some , $ or euros. Also I wondering how to protect it. It
> might even deserve a paper, but I don't know the literature (it is a
> big area)
> It is in need of a front end and it is currently platform independent.
>
> Good advice is welcome. Thanks.

What C++ _language_ question do you have? Consider that your posting
is similar to

"I drove my Toyota to the market to buy some fruit. Which should
I get, pears, apples, or cucumbers? How much do they go for?"

in the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup.

Here is some advice (you decide whether it's good or not): find
a better place to ask your marketing/legal question.

Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.

> What C++ _language_ question do you have? Consider that your posting
> is similar to
>
> "I drove my Toyota to the market to buy some fruit. Which should
> I get, pears, apples, or cucumbers? How much do they go for?"
>
> in the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup.
>
> Here is some advice (you decide whether it's good or not): find
> a better place to ask your marketing/legal question.

**** off Victor! And do your mud slinging elsewhere! Oh and don't
forget to hold onto your relic and whisper to your imaginary friend

red floyd

D wrote:
> Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.

Copyright it and register the copyright.

The charter of comp.lang.c++ the discussion of the language as defined
by ISO/IEC 14882. See the FAQ at http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite
for more details.

ISO/IEC 14882 does not discuss "protecting" code. How to do that is
specific to your target platform. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated
to your platform.

And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

On 14 Mar, 23:07, red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> D wrote:
> > Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.

> Copyright it and register the copyright.
>
> The charter of comp.lang.c++ the discussion of the language as defined
> by ISO/IEC 14882. See the FAQ athttp://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite
> for more details.
>
> ISO/IEC 14882 does not discuss "protecting" code. How to do that is
> specific to your target platform. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated
> to your platform.

OK, thanks.

> And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

Gavin Deane

On 15 Mar, 00:01, "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 14 Mar, 23:07, red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

> He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

Well everyone knows what to expect of you now don't they. The net
result is that even if you do have a C++ language question one day,
people who remember your childish and unwarranted outburst might be
less inclined to bother helping you.

And you think cluttering a newsgroup where people are expecting to
read about the C++ language with questions about something else
entirely is polite do you? You seem quick to judge the manners of
other people - you need to take a look in the mirror.

Gavin Deane

On 15 Mar, 09:10, "Gavin Deane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 15 Mar, 00:01, "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On 14 Mar, 23:07, red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

> > He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

> Well everyone knows what to expect of you now don't they.
>
> < snip - equally unwarranted retort >
>
> Gavin Deane

My conclusion is that the C++ conmunity is not friendly and C++ is not
a friendly language.

Dennis \(Icarus\)

"red floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Be%Jh.5149$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> D wrote:
> > Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.
> >

> Copyright it and register the copyright.
>
> The charter of comp.lang.c++ the discussion of the language as defined
> by ISO/IEC 14882. See the FAQ at http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite
> for more details.
>
> ISO/IEC 14882 does not discuss "protecting" code. How to do that is
> specific to your target platform. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated
> to your platform.
>
> And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

But just consider, it took him a half-hour to think of that comment.....

Dennis

Lionel B

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:30:26 -0700, D wrote:

> On 15 Mar, 09:10, "Gavin Deane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

>> Well everyone knows what to expect of you now don't they.
>>
>> < snip - equally unwarranted retort >

> My conclusion is that the C++ conmunity is not friendly

Yeah, we're baaaaad.

> and C++ is not a friendly language.

LOL. You've been insulted by the C++ language???

My conclusion is that it is always preferable to read the FAQ before
posting to *any* newsgroup.

--
Lionel B