Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > question about login option "remember me next time"

question about login option "remember me next time"

André

Hi,

When clicking on "remember me" when logging, the user asks for not to have
to log in next time he visits the site.

Now, on one side, i read it is recommended to logout properly (clicking on
'logout') when quiting the site, but then, the user looses the benefit of
the option "remember me next time" and must login next visit.

On the other side, if the user quit the website without logout, at the next
visit he has not to login again.

So, what's the purpose of that option "remember me" if it's recommended to
logout and so loosing its benefit?

Thanks
André

Alexey Smirnov

On Mar 14, 8:42 pm, "André" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When clicking on "remember me" when logging, the user asks for not to have
> to log in next time he visits the site.
>
> Now, on one side, i read it is recommended to logout properly (clicking on
> 'logout') when quiting the site, but then, the user looses the benefit of
> the option "remember me next time" and must login next visit.
>
> On the other side, if the user quit the website without logout, at the next
> visit he has not to login again.
>
> So, what's the purpose of that option "remember me" if it's recommended to
> logout and so loosing its benefit?

Selecting "remember me" allows you to avoid having to enter your login
and password when you login again next time. If you are using a home
computer - it's up to you, if you are using a public or shared
computer, you should not use that option because it will enable other
users on this computer to login in your account (because username and
password have been saved as cookies on this computer).

André

Thanks for the explanation.

"Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...