Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Some Windows components are missing

Some Windows components are missing

Robin

I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and wordpad.
However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked for a copy
of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
have the CD...

HP Pavilion a1330n
AMD Athlon 3800+
Windows XP MCE 2005

Thanks,
Robin

olfart

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and wordpad.
>However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked for a copy
>of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
>have the CD...
>
> HP Pavilion a1330n
> AMD Athlon 3800+
> Windows XP MCE 2005
>
> Thanks,
> Robin

Use the CD you have.

Robin

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
>>so I don't have the CD...
>>
>> HP Pavilion a1330n
>> AMD Athlon 3800+
>> Windows XP MCE 2005
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Robin
>>

> Use the CD you have.

See above....

"

olfart

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
>>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
>>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
>>>so I don't have the CD...
>>>
>>> HP Pavilion a1330n
>>> AMD Athlon 3800+
>>> Windows XP MCE 2005
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Robin
>>>

>> Use the CD you have.

> See above....
> " it asked for a copy
>>>of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
>>>have the CD..."

> "

Did you try it???
MCE includes WinXP

Gordon

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and wordpad.
>However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked for a copy
>of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
>have the CD...

See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your machine.
If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

Robin

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Use the CD you have.

>> See above....
>> " it asked for a copy

>> "
>>>

> Did you try it???
> MCE includes WinXP

The point is...I do not have any CD for windows XP at all. How can I try it
if I do not have a CD to insert? I know MCE includes XP.

Either I am not understanding what you are saying, or vice-versa. Where do
you suggest I direct the install? The only choices it gives me are E:\i386
or browse. Again, I do not have any CD to insert at all. So what file do
you suggest I direct it to? Please tell me.
Thank you

Robin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
>>so I don't have the CD...
>>

> See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
> machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

Thank you. I tried that and I click OK and no matter how many times I click
OK, it just keeps popping up. Is it actually doing anything? Or is it not
finding what it needs there?
Thank you

Robin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
>>so I don't have the CD...
>>

> See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
> machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

Oh, and it is on my C:\ drive. Is that the right one?
Thanks again

Gordon

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
>>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
>>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
>>>so I don't have the CD...
>>>

>> See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
>> machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

> Oh, and it is on my C:\ drive. Is that the right one?
> Thanks again

that's the one. Once you have done that, it will automatically look there in
the future...

Robin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
>>> machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

>> Oh, and it is on my C:\ drive. Is that the right one?
>> Thanks again

> that's the one. Once you have done that, it will automatically look there
> in the future...

Ok thanks. I will try that.

Missing Components Joe ASP General 1 10-04-2006 07:43 AM
Ways to restrict access to some methods in .net Components? =?Utf-8?B?ZG90bmV0dGVzdGVy?= ASP .Net 0 09-13-2005 09:49 PM
RE: Ways to restrict access to some methods in .net Components? =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?= ASP .Net 1 09-13-2005 09:48 PM
SWING components adjustment in different resolutions - Should show scrollbars less than 800X600 and expand components over this resolution Bluetears76 Java 1 07-01-2004 09:01 PM