Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Read 7-zip archive with java

Read 7-zip archive with java

bjorn

I would like to know if there is any way to read 7-zip archives using
java. The java Zip and Jar-classes do not work so I wonder if there
exists some librarys out there capable of handling these files?

Joshua Cranmer

bjorn wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any way to read 7-zip archives using
> java. The java Zip and Jar-classes do not work so I wonder if there
> exists some librarys out there capable of handling these files?

Check http://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html. For future reference, googling Java
and then what you're trying to read/write works (e.g. java 7zip, or
java pdf, etc.)