Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > priority scheduler

priority scheduler

NOUR

hi,
I hope this is the right place to post this.......
any way I am supposed to write a priority scheduler in java but I
have a problem in selecting the next thread to resume according to its
priority (note: my programs priorities are diffrent from
java.lang.Thread priorities )
I've serched for pseudo code for a priority scheduler but I found
nothing useful.
please help if you know where to find a pseudo code code or a simple
implementation for this.
thanks.

Daniel Pitts

On Mar 14, 1:48 am, "NOUR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi,
> I hope this is the right place to post this.......
> any way I am supposed to write a priority scheduler in java but I
> have a problem in selecting the next thread to resume according to its
> priority (note: my programs priorities are diffrent from
> java.lang.Thread priorities )
> I've serched for pseudo code for a priority scheduler but I found
> nothing useful.
> please help if you know where to find a pseudo code code or a simple
> implementation for this.
> thanks.

Java has a built in priority queue:
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/PriorityQueue.html>

Hope this helps,
Daniel.

NOUR

On Mar 14, 11:43 pm, "Daniel Pitts" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Mar 14, 1:48 am, "NOUR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I hope this is the right place to post this.......
> > any way I am supposed to write a priority scheduler in java but I
> > have a problem in selecting the next thread to resume according to its
> > priority (note: my programs priorities are diffrent from
> > java.lang.Thread priorities )
> > I've serched for pseudo code for a priority scheduler but I found
> > nothing useful.
> > please help if you know where to find a pseudo code code or a simple
> > implementation for this.
> > thanks.

> Java has a built in priority queue:
> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/PriorityQueue.html>
>
> Hope this helps,
> Daniel.

thanks I think I will use it in my program