Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C99 standard anybody has?

C99 standard anybody has?

Rahul

If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
tell the url where it will be available.
thnaks.

Jack Klein

http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstor...99+%28R2005%29

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Rahul

On Mar 14, 9:15 am, Jack Klein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2007 20:57:09 -0700, "Rahul" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in comp.lang.c:
>
> > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
> > tell the url where it will be available.
> > thnaks.

> http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstor...NCITS%2FISO%2F...
>
> --
> Jack Klein
> Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
> FAQs for
> comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
> comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
> alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~a...FAQ-acllc.html

i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
download?

Ian Collins

Rahul wrote:
> On Mar 14, 9:15 am, Jack Klein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 13 Mar 2007 20:57:09 -0700, "Rahul" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote in comp.lang.c:
>>

>>>If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
>>>tell the url where it will be available.
>>>thnaks.

>>http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstor...NCITS%2FISO%2F...

Please don't quote signatures.

> i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
> download?

If it were free, what would be the point of offering it for sale? If it
is important to you, buy a copy.

--
Ian Collins.

santosh

Rahul wrote:
> On Mar 14, 9:15 am, Jack Klein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On 13 Mar 2007 20:57:09 -0700, "Rahul" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote in comp.lang.c:
> >
> > > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
> > > tell the url where it will be available.
> > > thnaks.

> > http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstor...NCITS%2FISO%2F...
> >
> > --
> > Jack Klein
> > Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
> > FAQs for
> > comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
> > comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
> > alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~a...FAQ-acllc.html

Please don't quote signatures, (i.e. the block of text after the '-- '
marker), unless you're specifically commenting on them.

> i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
> download?

No. The actual Standard is available only by purchase. However there's
a working draft document, that has practically everything the
purchased copy has, in addition to inclusion of some Technical
Corrigenda and other corrections. It's made freely available for
download and personal use by WG14 at:

<http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf>

There's also a Rationale document:

<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf>

CBFalconer

Rahul wrote:

> If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
> tell the url where it will be available.
> thnaks.

A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:

in bz2 compressed format. There are (mostly insignificant)
differences from the actual final standard. This one is suitable
for quoting, searching, etc.

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Old Wolf

On Mar 15, 2:33 am, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rahul wrote:
>
> > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
> > tell the url where it will be available.
> > thnaks.

> A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:
>
> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/>

Also consider the following document:
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...docs/n1124.pdf

which is the C99 text, plus some subsequent corrigenda. I have found
it
to be more reliable thatn N869, which has some significant differences
to C99.

CBFalconer

Old Wolf wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2:33 am, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Rahul wrote:
>>
>>> If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or
>>> please tell the url where it will be available.

>> A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:
>>
>> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/>

> Also consider the following document:
> http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...docs/n1124.pdf
>
> which is the C99 text, plus some subsequent corrigenda. I have
> found it to be more reliable thatn N869, which has some
> significant differences to C99.

But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Old Wolf wrote:

>>> A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:
>>>
>>> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/>

>> Also consider the following document:
>> http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...docs/n1124.pdf
>>
>> which is the C99 text, plus some subsequent corrigenda. I have
>> found it to be more reliable thatn N869, which has some
>> significant differences to C99.

> But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
> processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

Different people have different preferences. I have a copy of
n1124.pdf on my laptop, and I view it with Acrobat Reader; I haven't
had any problems searching it, and few problems copy-and-pasting from
it. Of course, the fact that I have a reasonably fast laptop with a
large display (1600x1200 pixels) makes that easier than it might be
for some.

I've also been able to export n1124.pdf to a plain text file, though
the formatting isn't as nice as n869.txt.

But neither n869.txt nor n1124.txt shows italics, which can be an
important consideration.

Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:37:51 -0500, in comp.lang.c , CBFalconer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
>processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan