Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP call recording ?

VoIP call recording ?

Martin²

I have modified cassette recorder which has wires that connect in series to
one of the two PSTN phone wires. It starts recording as soon as the handset
is picked up.
However it does not work on VoIP line Zyxel 2602HWL )
Any ideas ?
Any other way of automatically recording VoIP calls ?
TIA
Regards,
Martin

Jono

Martin² wrote:
> I have modified cassette recorder which has wires that connect in series to
> one of the two PSTN phone wires. It starts recording as soon as the handset
> is picked up.
> However it does not work on VoIP line Zyxel 2602HWL )
> Any ideas ?
> Any other way of automatically recording VoIP calls ?
> TIA

What device are you using for your voip line?

Another method of recording VoIP calls, admittedly overkill, if all you
want is to record one call, is to run Asterisk. This is a software PBX
which can be set up to record on demand, or all the time.

Linker3000

Martin² wrote:
> I have modified cassette recorder which has wires that connect in series to
> one of the two PSTN phone wires. It starts recording as soon as the handset
> is picked up.
> However it does not work on VoIP line Zyxel 2602HWL )
> Any ideas ?
> Any other way of automatically recording VoIP calls ?
> TIA
> Regards,
> Martin

Since the handset on a VoIP Phone is still analogue, how about an
in-line hdset tap - you unplug your handset from the base, plug in the
tap and then plug the handset into the second port on the tap.