Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > E1 module replacement

E1 module replacement

Francesco Rossi

Hi all,

-- I'm in charge of replacing a CISCO box equipped with a NM-1CE1U card
(DB15 connector).
The box is connected to an E1 channellized line, 75ohm-unbalanced, BNC
terminated (Network End).
Moreover this box is 30 mt far from the telco network termination, so
there'a a DB15M to dual BNC cabling from the box to the NE.
-- Customer provides a new box equipped with a NM-1CE1T1PRI card (which is
intended to replace the NM-1CE1U in cisco end of sale roadmap).
This card connects through a RJ48C plug (if I remember well)....

Now the questions are:
How can I connect the box to telco line (in the less expensive manner)?
Shall I use a RJ48 to BNC cable (balun ?) and replace DB15M with two BNC (on
the 30 mt cable)?
Is that the only way to accomplish this ? I wonder if there is a way to do
this without having to modify the 30mt cable to Network Termination (eg.
RJ48 to DB15F cable)....

Thanks In Advance,
FR