Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Repairing Wireless Network Connection

Repairing Wireless Network Connection

=?Utf-8?B?a3I1Mg==?=

When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
network adapter is properly installed."

To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"kr52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
> clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
>
> "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
> action
> cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure
> your
> network adapter is properly installed."
>
> To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
> working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
> wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems.
> This
> just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates
> my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"kr52" wrote:
> When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
> clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
>
> "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
> cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
> network adapter is properly installed."
>
> To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
> working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
> wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
> just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
> my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

Can you disable and enable again this adapter from DEVICE MANAGER
( not from Network connections) ?

--PA

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

Aha, I see my reply marked green - so you can
disable the adapter in Device manager ?
If it is not a secret, what is the model of your adapter and driver version?

Thanks,
--PA

"Pavel A." wrote:
> "kr52" wrote:
> > When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
> > clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
> >
> > "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
> > cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
> > network adapter is properly installed."
> >
> > To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
> > working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
> > wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
> > just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
> > my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

> Can you disable and enable again this adapter from DEVICE MANAGER
> ( not from Network connections) ?
>
> --PA

=?Utf-8?B?a3I1Mg==?=

I am not sure. I have a HP zd8220us laptop and it seems to be all screwed up.