Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How can i automatically find all unhandled exceptions in my java code?

How can i automatically find all unhandled exceptions in my java code?

sss.zhou@gmail.com

On Mar 14, 8:40 am, Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> upsa wrote:
> > see subj,
> > Thanks.

> See sig.
> --
> Eric Sosman
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Read the error messages from javac.

I wasn't able to understand automatically.

Next time I suggest you shall write some content in main message even
if it is same as the title.

Lew

Alex Hunsley wrote:
> It would be more helpful to have done that, yes.

But far less clever.

And needling does not violate netiquette.

And when the OP rises to the level where they appreciate the needling, then
they will have transformed more than if they were given the easy way.

-- Lew

Oliver Wong

"Stefan Ram" <(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>see subj,

>>See sig.

> See »X-Readme« header.

(I wonder if this reply post will replicate your X-Readme header or not --
I suspect not)

Right, as Stefan says, Eric's solution of reading the javac error
messages would only apply to checked exceptions. To handled unchecked
exceptions, you might be able to do a bit of static analysis on the source
code, but I suspect that in general the problem is insoluble. For example,
what if you write a ClassLoader which generates random (but legal)
bytecode? It may generate code which throws a runtime exception without
declaring so in the method header, and you'd have a tough time "finding"
this unhandled exception (how would you define "find" in this case?) via
static analysis.

- Oliver