Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip ATA advice

Voip ATA advice

Duncan MacCallum

HI,
As ex freetalk customer transfered to Vonage my contract period is
coming to an end.
It is highly unlikely I will renew with Vonage and am looking around for
new viop provider. voip.co.uk looking most likely ATM.
Looking for suggestion for suitable ATA to attach to Belkin Pre N router
with in turn in linked to cable modem.
Not interested combined router/ATA solution and as its just for home use
quality wins over extra features which I might never use.

Any advice/guidance most welcome

Cheers

Brian A

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:40:58 GMT, Duncan MacCallum
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>HI,
>As ex freetalk customer transfered to Vonage my contract period is
>coming to an end.
>It is highly unlikely I will renew with Vonage and am looking around for
>new viop provider. voip.co.uk looking most likely ATM.
>Looking for suggestion for suitable ATA to attach to Belkin Pre N router
>with in turn in linked to cable modem.
>Not interested combined router/ATA solution and as its just for home use
>quality wins over extra features which I might never use.
>
>Any advice/guidance most welcome
>
>Cheers

I would recommend the Linksys/Sipura SPA-3102.
If you have a landline you can integrate it with your voip. If you
have no landline you just don't use that facility.
The other advantage of the SPA-3102 is that it will allow you to
include up to 5 different outgoing providers. Your calls will
automatically be routed via th eappropriate provider depending on
number type.
e.g. Calls to 01/02 numbers via provider1, calls to mobiles via
provider 2, etc.
This ATA caters for just one incoming provider. If you need more than
one incoming provider then you either choose a different ATA or use
the services of Voxalot.

If you just want the simplest of set ups and you have no landline, I
would choose the Linksys/Sipura SPA-1001. This ATA works on voip only.
It has 2 incoming/outgoing provider settings. The calls are
terminiated to ONE set of handsets even though there are two incoming
lines. That is very handy, of course, for a domestic environment.

Check out broadbandstuff.co.uk.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Brian A wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:40:58 GMT, Duncan MacCallum
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> HI,
>> As ex freetalk customer transfered to Vonage my contract period is
>> coming to an end.
>> It is highly unlikely I will renew with Vonage and am looking around
>> for new viop provider. voip.co.uk looking most likely ATM.
>> Looking for suggestion for suitable ATA to attach to Belkin Pre N
>> router with in turn in linked to cable modem.
>> Not interested combined router/ATA solution and as its just for home
>> use quality wins over extra features which I might never use.
>>
>> Any advice/guidance most welcome
>>
>> Cheers

> I would recommend the Linksys/Sipura SPA-3102.
> If you have a landline you can integrate it with your voip. If you
> have no landline you just don't use that facility.
> The other advantage of the SPA-3102 is that it will allow you to
> include up to 5 different outgoing providers. Your calls will
> automatically be routed via th eappropriate provider depending on
> number type.
> e.g. Calls to 01/02 numbers via provider1, calls to mobiles via
> provider 2, etc.
> This ATA caters for just one incoming provider. If you need more than
> one incoming provider then you either choose a different ATA or use
> the services of Voxalot.
>
> If you just want the simplest of set ups and you have no landline, I
> would choose the Linksys/Sipura SPA-1001. This ATA works on voip only.
> It has 2 incoming/outgoing provider settings. The calls are
> terminiated to ONE set of handsets even though there are two incoming
> lines. That is very handy, of course, for a domestic environment.
>
> Check out broadbandstuff.co.uk.

also broadbandbuyer.co.uk

C.Delarge

www.telme.sg/cedel and make also money !!

Become your own telecom operator...and make millions of $ in the next 5
years....

info's : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

news: u%DJh.76586$(E-Mail Removed)...