Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-Link support is the worst

D-Link support is the worst

Jim

I called D-Link customer support for help in enabling wireless security
features on their DI-624 router and their DWL-G520 wireless NIC. I went
through all the FAQ's but none of them helped, so I decided to call for some
help. The answer I got was "we don't help customer's setup security
features for their wireless network". I asked what they do help with and
the person said with "setting up their networks". Well I went around with
this guy and of course got nowhere, but did get plenty frustrated.

They are a great help in the pre sale area but after the
sale............forget it. The D-Link in a good product but I will never
buy from them again, and would never advise anyone else to purchase their
products. So if you are in the market for wireless products, look past
D-Link, trust me.

Jim

Pavel A.

What is your specific problem with these devices?
D-Link sells lots of products, so probably the majority of users are able
to set up them and find the documentation satisfactory.

--PA

"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I called D-Link customer support for help in enabling wireless security
> features on their DI-624 router and their DWL-G520 wireless NIC. I went
> through all the FAQ's but none of them helped, so I decided to call for some
> help. The answer I got was "we don't help customer's setup security
> features for their wireless network". I asked what they do help with and
> the person said with "setting up their networks". Well I went around with
> this guy and of course got nowhere, but did get plenty frustrated.
>

> They are a great help in the pre sale area but after the
> sale............forget it. The D-Link in a good product but I will never
> buy from them again, and would never advise anyone else to purchase their
> products. So if you are in the market for wireless products, look past
> D-Link, trust me.
>

> Jim

Jim

I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC. I can run WPA
security on the NIC with no problems but when I configure the router
security the wireless computer can't connect with the router. I have tries
WEP, WPA and have made sure the settings and HEX alphanumeric match but to
no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is your specific problem with these devices?
> D-Link sells lots of products, so probably the majority of users are able
> to set up them and find the documentation satisfactory.
>
> --PA
>
> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I called D-Link customer support for help in enabling wireless security
>> features on their DI-624 router and their DWL-G520 wireless NIC. I went
>> through all the FAQ's but none of them helped, so I decided to call for
>> some
>> help. The answer I got was "we don't help customer's setup security
>> features for their wireless network". I asked what they do help with and
>> the person said with "setting up their networks". Well I went around
>> with
>> this guy and of course got nowhere, but did get plenty frustrated.
>>

>> They are a great help in the pre sale area but after the
>> sale............forget it. The D-Link in a good product but I will never
>> buy from them again, and would never advise anyone else to purchase their
>> products. So if you are in the market for wireless products, look past
>> D-Link, trust me.
>>

>> Jim

Rod Walker

Same problem here with D-link ADSL modem router/AP. Also find it impossible
to update the firmware. D-link are 'looking into it' (they say??). And yes
their support is abysmal - often takes 30 minutes to speak to someone on the
phone - and it does not matter what time of day I call. I ALWAYS get - 'the
level of enquiries is extremely high at the moment etc etc'. I have to
wonder just how reliable their equipment is if this is the state of play!!!

Rod Walker
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC. I can run WPA
> security on the NIC with no problems but when I configure the router
> security the wireless computer can't connect with the router. I have tries
> WEP, WPA and have made sure the settings and HEX alphanumeric match but to
> no avail.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Jim
>
> "Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is your specific problem with these devices?
> > D-Link sells lots of products, so probably the majority of users are

able
> > to set up them and find the documentation satisfactory.
> >
> > --PA
> >
> > "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I called D-Link customer support for help in enabling wireless security
> >> features on their DI-624 router and their DWL-G520 wireless NIC. I

went
> >> through all the FAQ's but none of them helped, so I decided to call for
> >> some
> >> help. The answer I got was "we don't help customer's setup security
> >> features for their wireless network". I asked what they do help with

and
> >> the person said with "setting up their networks". Well I went around
> >> with
> >> this guy and of course got nowhere, but did get plenty frustrated.
> >>

> >> They are a great help in the pre sale area but after the
> >> sale............forget it. The D-Link in a good product but I will

never
> >> buy from them again, and would never advise anyone else to purchase

their
> >> products. So if you are in the market for wireless products, look past
> >> D-Link, trust me.
> >>

> >> Jim

Robert Jacobs

I have had the exact opposite dealings with D-Link. I have never had to wait
more then 15 min and found the level of knowledge of thier help desk staff
to be very helpful. Ofcourse I have only had to call them 2 times....

"Rod Walker" <rod{dot}walker@dsl{dot}pipex{dot}com> wrote in message
news:419a6ba5$0$10974$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Same problem here with D-link ADSL modem router/AP. Also find it
> impossible
> to update the firmware. D-link are 'looking into it' (they say??). And
> yes
> their support is abysmal - often takes 30 minutes to speak to someone on
> the
> phone - and it does not matter what time of day I call. I ALWAYS get -
> 'the
> level of enquiries is extremely high at the moment etc etc'. I have to
> wonder just how reliable their equipment is if this is the state of
> play!!!
>
> Rod Walker
> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC. I can run WPA
>> security on the NIC with no problems but when I configure the router
>> security the wireless computer can't connect with the router. I have
>> tries
>> WEP, WPA and have made sure the settings and HEX alphanumeric match but
>> no avail.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> "Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > What is your specific problem with these devices?
>> > D-Link sells lots of products, so probably the majority of users are

> able
>> > to set up them and find the documentation satisfactory.
>> >
>> > --PA
>> >
>> > "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> went

> and

> never

> their

Chris Catt

and I forgot to say we've made some changes to our support to improve
things. New Number is 0845-612-0003 8am-10pm.
Hi, from this newsgroup posting
http://www.expansys.com/forumthread....=318&man=D-LIN
"We're slowly moving over support over to a new system and it will be 100%
live next week offering weekend support also.

Just thought I'd let you know as you will begin to see improvements in the
afternoons this week then all the time next week."
ChrisC
"Robert Jacobs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eVxNVIp%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have had the exact opposite dealings with D-Link. I have never had to
>wait more then 15 min and found the level of knowledge of thier help desk
>staff to be very helpful. Ofcourse I have only had to call them 2 times....
>
> "Rod Walker" <rod{dot}walker@dsl{dot}pipex{dot}com> wrote in message
> news:419a6ba5$0$10974$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Same problem here with D-link ADSL modem router/AP. Also find it
>> impossible
>> to update the firmware. D-link are 'looking into it' (they say??). And
>> yes
>> their support is abysmal - often takes 30 minutes to speak to someone on
>> the
>> phone - and it does not matter what time of day I call. I ALWAYS get -
>> 'the
>> level of enquiries is extremely high at the moment etc etc'. I have to
>> wonder just how reliable their equipment is if this is the state of
>> play!!!
>>
>> Rod Walker
>> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC. I can run WPA
>>> security on the NIC with no problems but when I configure the router
>>> security the wireless computer can't connect with the router. I have
>>> tries
>>> WEP, WPA and have made sure the settings and HEX alphanumeric match but
>>> no avail.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>>> "Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> able

>> went

>> and

>> never

>> their

Chris Catt

Hi again, sorry that came out wrong, here what I meant to put:

From this newsgroup posting
http://www.expansys.com/forumthread....=318&man=D-LIN
"We're slowly moving over support over to a new system and it will be 100%
live next week offering weekend support also. I forgot to say we've made
some changes to our support to improve
things. New Number is 0845-612-0003 8am-10pm.
Just thought I'd let you know as you will begin to see improvements in the
afternoons this week then all the time next week."

ChrisC

The worst day of my computing life (so far) Headtheball Wireless Networking 0 09-06-2004 03:31 PM
helpdesk must be the worst argus MCSE 15 07-21-2004 09:57 PM
Worst Mozilla Website Alan P Firefox 4 01-21-2004 08:07 PM
Re: Worst CCIE job in the world! Digital Doug Cisco 1 07-22-2003 08:13 AM
Re: Worst CCIE job in the world! The Oracle Cisco 0 07-15-2003 09:20 AM

Advertisments