Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > network design help.......

network design help.......

bunty4u bunty4u is offline
Junior Member

hi guys,

this is my first post and i need some good advice guys. i have to give a design proposal to my university as i am doing my masters here, if i can give a good proposal i could score good marks.......... so please suggest me the best.

i am giving the scenario here..........

a company which runs an e-business website had only one store and they are now expanding to 4 stores and currently they have one ISP connection of 512Kbps and as this website is becoming critical they dont want to rely on only 1 ISP so they are planning to implement another 512 Kbps from other ISP and they want a new improved networking design implementing these 2 ISP connections. they both should be used simultaneously and if one goes down then the other should take over it and they want it to be highly secured, resilient, less expensive and always available, they currently have a PIX a router and a few web servers.

i am thinking of designing this design with the use of VPN's. but as i have just started my course i dont know how can i implement it so if any one can just give me a rough idea how to implement it using VPN's and what will be the best possible devices to be used........... and the logical diagram of our network!!!!!!!!!!!

i am waiting for your replies guys!!!!!!!! please dont dissappoint me as this is my first post............

cheers,
bunty

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I'm not sure how to configure the VPN's, but I believe you'll want load balancers in there to do the automatic fail-over if one link drops.