Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Laptop sharing wireless connection with PC through ethernet port

Laptop sharing wireless connection with PC through ethernet port

Rexx5 Rexx5 is offline
Junior Member

hi, im having a problem with my laptop internet connection sharing (ICS). im running windows xp home with service pack 2, and i connect to a d-link router with my linksys wireless card, and im trying to share connection through my ethernet port to my PC, as well as playstation 2. it worked fine when we bought our router, but i tried to run the network wizard and it changed something, now when i try to share my connection, i get the following error: "An error occured while internet connection sharing was being enabled. Internet connection sharing cannot be enabled. a lan connection is already configured with the ip address that is required for automatic ip addressing." i read a post from someone with a similar problem, to change the range of the ip address of the router from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x...i was able to share the connection, but after the ip change, i couldnt connect to any messengers, or use internet explorer. so the change to the ip address did nothing. are there any ways to get around this so i can share my wireless connection again?i dont know what was changed, i even reformatted and restored my computer with no result. sorry if theres a lot of unnecessary information in this post, i didnt really know how else to describe my problem lol, any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you

-James-