Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > how to write XSLT that works for IE but ignored by Fx?

how to write XSLT that works for IE but ignored by Fx?

Zhang Weiwu

Hello. I know a lot of different ways to write css that work for IE but
ignored by Fx, but is there a way to let IE process XSLT but leaving Fx
completely ignore the XSLT?

The classic filter doesn't seem to work:
<!--[if lt IE 9]><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="my.xsl"?><![endif]-->

The above seems to be ignored by both IE and Firefox

P.S. In the beginning I thought finding something that works for IE but not
Firefox must be very simple, just go to MSDN and follow a tutorial there,
chances are, the page you created will not work in any other browser than
IE. Unfortunately the XSLT I created following MSDN tutorial (amazingly)
works fine on Firefox.

P.S. I have googled but keywords like "xslt hack IE firefox list" doesn't
give me an answer, need to practice a lot of google before I can stop
bothering people on the usenet.

Johannes Koch

Zhang Weiwu schrieb:
> Hello. I know a lot of different ways to write css that work for IE but
> ignored by Fx, but is there a way to let IE process XSLT but leaving Fx
> completely ignore the XSLT?

See the system-property() function using xsl:vendor
(<http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#misc-func>).
--
Johannes Koch
(Te Deum, 4th cent.)