Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: How does MSCA compare to MCSE

Re: How does MSCA compare to MCSE

Wow Wee

Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for the
MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with the
cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?

Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a different
one for a MCSE?

Anyone can clarify this.

Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just think having to take 7 different exams for a crappy MCSE is a waste
> of time.
>
> Just another way for Microsoft to make money
>
> John
>

> "Rex Tincher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:57:58 -0800, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I know that MCSA only requires 4 exams compared to 7 but I was what
> > >employers and senior level IT ppl thought about this new certification?

> > I see some job ads that require MCSE but no job ads that even mention
> > MCSA.
> >
> > I was going to get an MCSA myself, since I already have a Windows NT
> > MCSE, but employers now require Windows 2000 MCSE.
> >
> > --
> > Get rid of Junk Email:
> > http://www.tincher.to/

mikefoot2

the 70-218

is still an elective - so you could the remaing 1 core + 1 Design + 1
elective

correct me if I am wrong ?

"Wow Wee" <wowwee@nospamplease> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for

the
> MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with

the
> cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?
>
> Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a

different
> one for a MCSE?
>
> Anyone can clarify this.
>
> Thanks

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just think having to take 7 different exams for a crappy MCSE is a

waste
> > of time.
> >
> > Just another way for Microsoft to make money
> >
> > John
> >

> > "Rex Tincher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

certification?

> > > I see some job ads that require MCSE but no job ads that even mention
> > > MCSA.
> > >
> > > I was going to get an MCSA myself, since I already have a Windows NT
> > > MCSE, but employers now require Windows 2000 MCSE.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Get rid of Junk Email:
> > > http://www.tincher.to/

mikefoot2

MCSA

Was designed for all those people who could not obtain MCSE

Its not really worth the Paper its written on

So many people do the Core and then give up - they find it too Hard

Now they a New on MCDA ?

you only need two exams ?

"Wow Wee" <wowwee@nospamplease> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for

the
> MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with

the
> cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?
>
> Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a

different
> one for a MCSE?
>
> Anyone can clarify this.
>
> Thanks

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just think having to take 7 different exams for a crappy MCSE is a

waste
> > of time.
> >
> > Just another way for Microsoft to make money
> >
> > John
> >

> > "Rex Tincher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

certification?

> > > I see some job ads that require MCSE but no job ads that even mention
> > > MCSA.
> > >
> > > I was going to get an MCSA myself, since I already have a Windows NT
> > > MCSE, but employers now require Windows 2000 MCSE.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Get rid of Junk Email:
> > > http://www.tincher.to/

Nettransplant

That's what I just did. Also I did 214 and 220 so I only need the 227 for
MSCA Security, MCSE Security. I haven't decided on 227 yet. I just
got sbs2003 eval CD package and it looks too interesting.

"mikefoot2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the 70-218
>
> is still an elective - so you could the remaing 1 core + 1 Design + 1
> elective
>
> correct me if I am wrong ?
>
> "Wow Wee" <wowwee@nospamplease> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for

> the
> > MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with

> the
> > cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?
> >
> > Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a

> different
> > one for a MCSE?
> >
> > Anyone can clarify this.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I just think having to take 7 different exams for a crappy MCSE is a

> waste
> > > of time.
> > >
> > > Just another way for Microsoft to make money
> > >
> > > John
> > >

> > > "Rex Tincher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> certification?

mention

David BlandIII

An MCSA was designed for those who wish to become system administrators and
not engineers.
This is why there are less exam requirements. So it all depends upon whether
or not you wish to
be an administrator (in which case you'd need more business and less
technical knowledge) or a
systems engineer. One is no better than the other. It all depends upon your
goal.

Now if you're trying to get a position aimed at MCSEs and you're trying to
go the "shortcut"
route by getting a MCSA, forget it!

--
David Bland

"mikefoot2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MCSA
>
> Was designed for all those people who could not obtain MCSE
>
> Its not really worth the Paper its written on
>
> So many people do the Core and then give up - they find it too Hard
>
> Now they a New on MCDA ?
>
> you only need two exams ?
>
> "Wow Wee" <wowwee@nospamplease> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for

> the
> > MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with

> the
> > cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?
> >
> > Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a

> different
> > one for a MCSE?
> >
> > Anyone can clarify this.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I just think having to take 7 different exams for a crappy MCSE is a

> waste
> > > of time.
> > >
> > > Just another way for Microsoft to make money
> > >
> > > John
> > >

> > > "Rex Tincher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> certification?

mention

Studying Hard

"David BlandIII" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<XkrRb.3238$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> An MCSA was designed for those who wish to become system administrators and
> not engineers.
> This is why there are less exam requirements. So it all depends upon whether
> or not you wish to
> be an administrator (in which case you'd need more business and less
> technical knowledge) or a
> systems engineer. One is no better than the other. It all depends upon your
> goal.
>
> Now if you're trying to get a position aimed at MCSEs and you're trying to
> go the "shortcut"
> route by getting a MCSA, forget it!
>
> --
> David Bland

<snip>

I totally agree with your statement. What is so frustrating is that
MCSE is a "buzz" word now and is being required for low level jobs
like Entry Level Help Desk an (actual ad in the paper) Printer
Administrator. I would disagree about MCSA not being worth the paper
it's printed on. It's a different arena of I.T. You don't need to be
certified if the design of a 20 site, 100 subnet, multi-master domain
to administer it (although it does help in your understanding of its
implementation).

Studying Hard

"David BlandIII" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<XkrRb.3238$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> An MCSA was designed for those who wish to become system administrators and
> not engineers.
> This is why there are less exam requirements. So it all depends upon whether
> or not you wish to
> be an administrator (in which case you'd need more business and less
> technical knowledge) or a
> systems engineer. One is no better than the other. It all depends upon your
> goal.
>
> Now if you're trying to get a position aimed at MCSEs and you're trying to
> go the "shortcut"
> route by getting a MCSA, forget it!
>
> --
> David Bland
>
> "mikefoot2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MCSA
> >
> > Was designed for all those people who could not obtain MCSE
> >
> > Its not really worth the Paper its written on
> >
> > So many people do the Core and then give up - they find it too Hard
> >
> > Now they a New on MCDA ?
> >
> > you only need two exams ?
> >
> > "Wow Wee" <wowwee@nospamplease> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Is their anything to stop someone doing the 4 exams that are needed for

> the
> > > MCSA, then doing the 3 remaining exams to become a MCSE? I believe with

> the
> > > cross over in exams, and you pick the common ones you can do this?
> > >
> > > Or if you use an exam for a MCSA, does that mean you have do do a

> different
> > > one for a MCSE?
> > >
> > > Anyone can clarify this.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> waste

> certification?

> mention

I agree with you, but $10/hr Help Desk requires MCSE now. What are we
to do? I'm just gonna get MCSA and then get away from Micro$oft.
Maybe get CNE and CCNA just to show that I know IT...not just
Micro$oft. Maybe Security+ too. I'm probably just screwing myself.
Anyone know a cheap, fast nursing school?

Doug Scott

Studying,

> I agree with you, but $10/hr Help Desk requires MCSE now. What are we
> to do? I'm just gonna get MCSA and then get away from Micro$oft.

Why not go for Cisco and Linux? To my mind, Linux will, inevitably, grow
stronger. As Microsoft turn the screw on licenses, so will free software
flourish. And thinking about it, I'd claim Linux, but install BSD - it's
more secure.

---

Doug

MSCA -2000 to MCSA 2003 and MCSE 2003 =?Utf-8?B?R2FuaQ==?= Microsoft Certification 2 09-16-2006 04:02 PM
how much does a msca start out fresh out of school? jer599 MCSA 5 11-17-2005 05:00 PM
MSCA Websites etc Simon Dean MCSA 17 08-30-2004 07:29 AM
MCP going for MSCA or MSCE in Win2000? Yubb MCSA 2 03-04-2004 07:11 PM
Getting my MSCA James Dahl MCSA 6 08-22-2003 07:32 PM

Advertisments