Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > mn-820 wireless kit problems

mn-820 wireless kit problems

=?Utf-8?B?Y2Fyc3RhcnRlcg==?=

I`m going to make this very short- I have the mn-820 wireless kit, 2 comps,
running xp-sp2, file and print sharing enabled. I have a desktop which the
printer is usb`d to connected to the base by an ethernet cable, the laptop is
connected to the base by the wireless card. The desktop does not show up as
being on the network, thus i can`t print, or get into the files from the
laptop. Now, from the desktop, i can get into files and programs installed on
the laptop, and it does show the laptop as being on the network from the
desktop. So, exactly why can`t i get the desktop to show up as being on the
network from the laptop?. I have contacted microsoft about this problem and
they seem to think i have a leftover firewall, anti spyware, anti
virus,program still on the desktop thats causing my problem. I have deleted
all such programs i can find, and have just the sp-2 firewall running, i do
have a McAfee virusscan ver. 2005 9.0 running on both comps. My internet
provider is verizon dsl, and am using the Westell 2100 wirespeed modem with
no problem logging online. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks......Jake.
--
jake