Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx console+"windows cannot acces

Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx console+"windows cannot acces

baoboa

running xp pro sp2.. 2 days ago installed Unlocker-moveonboot-prev
console to get rid of some files that were being a pain. Everythin
worked great...after 2 days of downloading, working etc.. then thi
morning after watching a video on the pc, I was unable to acces
anything. Did a restart and started getting the "windows canno
access the specified device, path, or file. You may not hav
appropriate permissions to access the item." message. I hav
searched the net high and low using a friends pc for a fix and trie
everything possible...all to no avail. The only thing I can now do i
open some folders, my computer, drives, search function and some ru
commands will work. Everything else wont open. msconfig opens bu
none of the commands work. Have tried safe mode - same results. I di
find one post where a guy had installed Unlocker and found this sam
problem coming about... but there werent any sollutions posted. I
leads me to believe that Unlocker may be the culprit and needs to go
But I am unable to delete/uninstall it

Anyone have any idea on what actions to take here? I am desperate t
get it up and running asap, as my work depends upon it. ANY help i
MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks..

PC Tech Solutions

What were the files that you forced deleted? Were they Windows system
files? If Windows is preventing you from deleting a file, there is usually
a good reason for it.

PC Tech Solutions
http://pctech-solutions.com

"baoboa" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> running xp pro sp2.. 2 days ago installed Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx
> console to get rid of some files that were being a pain. Everything
> worked great...after 2 days of downloading, working etc.. then this
> morning after watching a video on the pc, I was unable to access
> anything. Did a restart and started getting the "windows cannot
> access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have
> appropriate permissions to access the item." message. I have
> searched the net high and low using a friends pc for a fix and tried
> everything possible...all to no avail. The only thing I can now do is
> open some folders, my computer, drives, search function and some run
> commands will work. Everything else wont open. msconfig opens but
> none of the commands work. Have tried safe mode - same results. I did
> find one post where a guy had installed Unlocker and found this same
> problem coming about... but there werent any sollutions posted. It
> leads me to believe that Unlocker may be the culprit and needs to go.
> But I am unable to delete/uninstall it.
>
> Anyone have any idea on what actions to take here? I am desperate to
> get it up and running asap, as my work depends upon it. ANY help is
> MUCH appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks...

meerkat

"baoboa" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> running xp pro sp2.. 2 days ago installed Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx
> console to get rid of some files that were being a pain. Everything
> worked great...after 2 days of downloading, working etc.. then this
> morning after watching a video on the pc, I was unable to access
> anything. Did a restart and started getting the "windows cannot
> access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have
> appropriate permissions to access the item." message. I have
> searched the net high and low using a friends pc for a fix and tried
> everything possible...all to no avail. The only thing I can now do is
> open some folders, my computer, drives, search function and some run
> commands will work. Everything else wont open. msconfig opens but
> none of the commands work. Have tried safe mode - same results. I did
> find one post where a guy had installed Unlocker and found this same
> problem coming about... but there werent any sollutions posted. It
> leads me to believe that Unlocker may be the culprit and needs to go.
> But I am unable to delete/uninstall it.
>
> Anyone have any idea on what actions to take here? I am desperate to
> get it up and running asap, as my work depends upon it. ANY help is
> MUCH appreciated!!!

Using your Windows XPSP2 CD.
Do a System File Check.

Start\Run, and type in...cmd.
In the command window type... SFC /scannow.
Feed in the CD, and let it check all system files.