Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Settle an argument...

Settle an argument...

Bob Fronk

I was once told/read that the Microsoft test questions are weighted. (Some
worth more points than others on the same exam.)

An associate says they are not and that all the questions are worth the
same.

If his argument is valid, then by using the test score, you should be able
to figure out how many questions you missed. However, none of the tests I
have ever taken have the scores reflected his theory by being able to divide
the number of questions by 1000 to get X per question.

I did some Googleing but none of the search results I found proved one thing
or another.

Anyone have any links or info to prove or disprove either theroy?

Thanks.

Rowdy Yates

I believe that microsoft does not reveal that information, so there is no
way of verifying that statement.

"Bob Fronk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
Rowdy Yates
I am Against-TCPA

Dan the man

I agree with you on the weighting but there's no official
evidence of it from Microsoft - well none that I know of.

billyw

as others have said no one knows for sure...
at least as far as i'm aware.
but i would think that from personal experience they would be weighted.
it wouldn't make sense to give all q's the same marks regardless of their
complexity.

"Bob Fronk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was once told/read that the Microsoft test questions are weighted.

(Some
> worth more points than others on the same exam.)
>
> An associate says they are not and that all the questions are worth the
> same.
>
> If his argument is valid, then by using the test score, you should be able
> to figure out how many questions you missed. However, none of the tests I
> have ever taken have the scores reflected his theory by being able to

divide
> the number of questions by 1000 to get X per question.
>
> I did some Googleing but none of the search results I found proved one

thing
> or another.
>
> Anyone have any links or info to prove or disprove either theroy?
>
> Thanks.

Chris

I don't know about them being weighted, but I'm pretty sure that 1000 isn't
always the max score. The only test that I've taken so far that gave me a
score was 70-218 and I got somewhere between 1000 and 1100 if I remember
correctly. Unfortunately the score to pass (700) was listed but not the max
possible.

Settle a Bet Bart C Programming 9 06-25-2007 04:46 PM
Sysopt - Can Someone Settle An Argument Darren Green Cisco 2 12-15-2006 08:20 PM
Help Settle a Debate - Usenet Postings in HTML Sens Fan Happy In Ohio Computer Support 18 11-08-2005 10:49 PM
o.k. let's settle this here and now: MCSD 5 12-08-2003 10:22 PM
Wait for the Dust to Settle? VT Digital Photography 5 09-13-2003 06:18 PM

Advertisments