Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Test Lab Setup

Test Lab Setup

michaelrichardson_va@hotmail.com

Greetings,

I am trying to think of a way to make a test lab.
My goal is to use 1 laptop and 1 server.
Since this is only a test lab, I plan to use evaluation copies of
Windows Server 2003, SBS 2003, and XP on the laptop.
I plan to use MS Virtual Server and run 3 virtual machines...2- 2003
Server Virtual Machines and 1 SBS Virtual Machine with the Main OS on
the Server running 2003 Server.
My dilema is I need to find a way to reconfigure the machines and the
eval runs so I donot keep having to rebuild the machines and
reconfigure from Scratch.
Any other ways to tackle this without buying excess hardware or
software?
Thanks!

Consultant

ghost

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to think of a way to make a test lab.
> My goal is to use 1 laptop and 1 server.
> Since this is only a test lab, I plan to use evaluation copies of
> Windows Server 2003, SBS 2003, and XP on the laptop.
> I plan to use MS Virtual Server and run 3 virtual machines...2- 2003
> Server Virtual Machines and 1 SBS Virtual Machine with the Main OS on
> the Server running 2003 Server.
> My dilema is I need to find a way to reconfigure the machines and the
> eval runs so I donot keep having to rebuild the machines and
> reconfigure from Scratch.
> Any other ways to tackle this without buying excess hardware or
> software?
> Thanks!

FrisbeeŽ

EEEEK!

news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ghost
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I am trying to think of a way to make a test lab.
>> My goal is to use 1 laptop and 1 server.
>> Since this is only a test lab, I plan to use evaluation copies of
>> Windows Server 2003, SBS 2003, and XP on the laptop.
>> I plan to use MS Virtual Server and run 3 virtual machines...2- 2003
>> Server Virtual Machines and 1 SBS Virtual Machine with the Main OS on
>> the Server running 2003 Server.
>> My dilema is I need to find a way to reconfigure the machines and the
>> eval runs so I donot keep having to rebuild the machines and
>> reconfigure from Scratch.
>> Any other ways to tackle this without buying excess hardware or
>> software?
>> Thanks!

Kline Sphere

>ghost

ummmm...... Demi Moore.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Briscobar

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >ghost

> ummmm...... Demi Moore.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Whoopi!

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >ghost

>> ummmm...... Demi Moore.
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

> Whoopi!

You're looking a little Swayze, there.

Briscobar

news:%2339%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> ummmm...... Demi Moore.
>>>
>>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>> Whoopi!

> You're looking a little Swayze, there.

I'm not Kurt Russel.

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%2339%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Whoopi!

>> You're looking a little Swayze, there.

> I'm not Kurt Russel.

I think you're telling me a Shaggy Dog story.

Kline Sphere

>>> Whoopi!
>>
>> You're looking a little Swayze, there.

>I'm not Kurt Russel.

in that case, maybe you should escape to New York then.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3