Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How much bandwidth is used?

How much bandwidth is used?

Smokey Grindel

When I do a command like this with a web response

Dim webRequest As System.Net.HttpWebRequest

' --- more code here

webRequest.GetResponse.Close()

how much data would this return if I dont open a stream and read from it? I
am assumething that it only returns the reponse from the server and a cookie
if you have a cookie container instanciated? Then if you create a reader and
read the stream instead of closeing it that is when the bandwidth is really
used. is this correct? thanks!

bruce barker

it depends on the buffer size the server is using and how much data is
sent. as the o/s will buffer the response, by the time you close, all
the data may have been received.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Smokey Grindel wrote:
> When I do a command like this with a web response
>
> Dim webRequest As System.Net.HttpWebRequest
>
> ' --- more code here
>
> webRequest.GetResponse.Close()
>
> how much data would this return if I dont open a stream and read from it? I
> am assumething that it only returns the reponse from the server and a cookie
> if you have a cookie container instanciated? Then if you create a reader and
> read the stream instead of closeing it that is when the bandwidth is really
> used. is this correct? thanks!

Smokey Grindel

thanks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...